TT's for the long haul
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default TT's for the long haul

So I'm ditching my tag as strictly a controllerist and going to try out some tt's. I'm thinking I am going to purchase a Pioneer DJM-T1. I was wondering & I know this is all personal preference but what tt's would be the best for me to pair with the DJM-T1. Here's some that I have in mind Stanton STR8-150 or ST-150, Numark TTX/TTX-USB or TT-500, Technics SL-1210M5G or any 1200. Let me know your opinions and I would def like to go the cheapest route without cutting corners. Thanks everyone this is why I love DJTT!
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I'm really getting sick of people posting these, all people are doing is looking for some insight. I'm about to spend some cash that I'm not willingly going to throw away because what I read on reviews wasn't as legit as peoples insight on here that use these on a daily basis. Can't a guy ask for help and not get criticized sorry I haven't been on this forum since 2008 all I'm trying to do is expand my knowledge.

The time it took you to find that photo you could of possibly helped me out by directing me to a forum that has my questions answered since apparently this isn't the first one of these.

Sorry all not trying to start anything just frustrated.

Breathe in......Breathe out....repeat lol
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

It's easy, mate. If you can afford 1200's/1210's GET THEM.

If you can't, then get what you can afford.

ANY DIRECT DRIVE TURNTABLE PLAYS RECORDS AND HAS ENOUGH TORQUE TO USE FOR MIXING AND SCRATCHING.

ANY DIRECT DRIVE TURNTABLE. If the needle is jumping, it's because you're too heavy handed, or the TT isn't set up right.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

See I've always know Technics to be the bee's knees of tt's but I was reading where multiple people were saying that the str8-150 are a way better tt. I can get the ttx's for the cheapest. So I didn't know if I should bite the bullet and pay more money for the technics or go with one of the other two since I'm new to tt's.

Also thanks for the input that was helpful

dont have to get m5g techs, mk2 will do just fine, not THAT much of a difference
    (
    also mixerwise, the pio T1 wasnt good bang for buck, if possible try get a rane 56S/57 (thats if your even interested in scratching/tablism) if your just mixing, any mixer will do.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Go for the Technics 1200s.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by cpetticrew View Post
    So I didn't know if I should bite the bullet and pay more money for the technics or go with one of the other two since I'm new to tt's.

Also thanks for the input that was helpful
    Personal preference. They are all good TT's that will get the job done. One of them is industry standard, the others are not. If you're new to TT's get whatever makes the most sense for you. Lot's of people recommend Technics because their build gives them a specific feel. It's slightly easier to perform on TT's that have a feel you're used to. Since a lot of DJ's come into contact with Technics at venues and clubs, it makes sense for lots of DJ's to get used to using them. Seeing as you're new to tables, that gives you the freedom to pick whatever you want and get used to that.

You'll in no way handicap yourself by picking up TTX's, or St-150's, they just feel different.

I'd recommend going to a store and trying them out if possible. Otherwise pick up whatever you'll use most and makes most financial sense to you. If you're a producer then having a digital out for sampling might win you over in terms of functionality, for example. Also, Technics pretty much mean you'll have to go the used route, other TT's can be bought new, if that makes any difference.

Tech Guru

The general conclusion is always ST-150, or 1200/10's.

I've used both, the ST-150's are sexy, bit more fun for giving them some stick as they seem a bit more powerful and straight arm is nice.

But i own 1210's, theres no adjustment needed when i go to the club, the resale value is fantastic, and only going to get better.

Tech Mentor

If you can get the 12's, get them. Maybe a little more initial cash outlay now, but you will get the money back on the other end, as they don't really depreciate on the second hand market.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast