First Track

Thread: First Track

Default First Track

Hi guys,
    I am a brazilian DJ since 2009 and started to produce my own tracks this year.
    I would like to get some feedback and critiques from you.

Follows the soundcloud link:

Best Regards,

Camilo Damiao
    Last edited by padi_04; 04-18-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Nice one Camilo,

I'd suggest adding a bit more swing to your drums, hats etc to give it a bit more groove, sounds a bit too quantized.

Get some crash cymbals in there at the drops and on every 8/16 bars and some reverse crashes too.

Try some strings/pads in the breakdowns, bring them back in mid way through after the drop.

Try switching the hi hats every 8 bars or add a ride cymbal to break up the track, to give it a bit of variety.

Use side chain compression on your b-line and lead sound to bring the drums forward so they don't clash with the bass, this will give your track more groove too.

Just a few thoughts, good work though!

Post Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thepanache View Post
    Nice one Camilo,

I'd suggest adding a bit more swing to your drums, hats etc to give it a bit more groove, sounds a bit too quantized.

Get some crash cymbals in there at the drops and on every 8/16 bars and some reverse crashes too.

Try some strings/pads in the breakdowns, bring them back in mid way through after the drop.

Try switching the hi hats every 8 bars or add a ride cymbal to break up the track, to give it a bit of variety.

Use side chain compression on your b-line and lead sound to bring the drums forward so they don't clash with the bass, this will give your track more groove too.

Just a few thoughts, good work though!
    Thanks man for all your suggestions!
    I will try to implement it in a new track and check how it goes.
    I have used the sidechain compression but, maybe the mastering maybe not so good. I have mastered it again using IZOTOPE and the sound is significantly better.
    Anyway, I really appreciated all the suggestions!

Best regards,

Camilo Damiao