This Is Not The Next Midifighter - Official Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb This Is Not The Next Midifighter - Official Thread

Please read the Blog Post Here for more information and rules.

Lets see your designs folks !
    Last edited by Jester; 04-21-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I whipped up something real quick for you guys in photoshop as an example design.

Tip: No photoshop? Try GIMP, free http://www.gimp.org/
    Last edited by Jester; 04-20-2013 at 07:18 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

My two so far

Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Here's my first entry. There sure are a lot of MIDI mixers among the submissions...

What about a special deck controller and drum maschine with a toggle-switch step sequencer?
    On the right, it's got a big pitch fader with a reset (or sync/master if you're feeling nasty), a hi/lopass filter knob, and an encoder and display to load up the artist's kits.
    Can you spot the design influence front and center?
    The four faders and arcade buttons would be for levels of four samples/sequences (or remix deck slots if you're feeling nasty). The four small buttons are stops and mutes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4910867&type=1

Here's my second entry. I love the QFO - deck and mixer in one - and am inspired by table music. I'd love to set up two turntablists across from each other with only one of these to cut with, watch them fight over the center controls, and play on their 1200s and tricked-out crossfaders. Imagine if DJs could cut between two pairs of decks, switch their crossfaders to reversed and back, and sharp to smooth, on the fly.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Here is my third entry. Once again, I dig the QFO - deck and mixer in one - and have always though table music was cool. The concept here was to surround the crossfader with additional controls to better juggle with the controls from turntables (and/or) cue points and drum maschines they probably already have.

Keep them coming guys, don't forget to enter you need to post on the djtechtools facebook page in the appropriate manner.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Here is my first entry:

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Keep them coming guys, don't forget to enter you need to post on the djtechtools facebook page in the appropriate manner.
    Was it supposed to be the DJTT or MF page? I posted mine on DJTT only to realize it said MF page later on.

Posted it on MF anyways, but I hate spamming my friends for likes lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When you’ve finished your design(s), you’ll want to submit your entry by posting it onto the Midi Fighter Facebook Page wall (see the example at right). Remember to include a description explaining how you would use the controller.

Look Ma, i can reads!

p.s don't forget to remove the grid layer before flattening teh images

So here are my 3 entries (most recent on the bottom)

*Midi Fighter Sense*

It includes velo sensitive pads, for controlling effects, triggering samples, cue juggling and many more. Thanks to the different layers, you are not restricted to just 1 mode (beatmasher, cue points, samples,...).

The endless rotary's are perfect for controlling effects to bring your performance to the next level. Perfect controller for people who are looking for something "more". A dj's new love...

*Midi Fighter Twist*

A possible mapping could be:
    *First Layer
    -Endless pot's = volume level
    -Other pot's = eq's (low mid high)
    -Wide buttons under pot's = eq full kill (low mid high) + auto gain on/off
    -Circular buttons = FX1 FX2 on according to Deck A/C of B/D
    -Wide buttons right = Deck select A<->C, B<->C
    -Wide button left = FX layer
    -Crossfader speaks for itself

*FX Layer
    -Endless pot's = Dry/Wet
    -Other pot's = other FX parameters
    -Wide button = corresponding FX buttons (on/off,....)
    -Other controls retain their previous function

The "Twist" would be a nice addition along with some other midifighters or it would fit in a traditional setup, for ultimate fx control.

Designed with Traktor in mind, but ableton would work flawlessly

*Midi Fighter Flash*

Possible mapping:
    *Rotary's for smooth FX
    *Wide buttons for different layers or FX controls (on/off, ...)
    *Faders for combo FX or volume
    *Touch strips for expressive effects (to add another layer of of FX on top of basic FX (beatmasher + filter/key/transpose/...)
    *Circular buttons for deck assigning the FX's

Perfect for difficult FX combo's or suitable for basic mixer controls!
    Last edited by tekki; 04-21-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast