Audiovisual Performances - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz View Post
    Hi all,
    Nicky can you post a video of you using your set up with traktor? i am curious to see how you integrate all your gear in a live set situation....

Cheers,
    Chubbz

I'll see if I could get that setup back n' running (modul8). I havent used that app in awhile, due to the fact I've been trying out other VJ software.

I'm still trying to find that holy grail of DJ/VJ software that works well with Traktor. Being able to concentrate only on traktor while all the movements you do IN traktor affects your VJ program without having to switch back and forth between apps. I mean, you could just easily get some DVDJ decks and that kick ass Pioneer video mixer.....but that means you'd have to cough up a couple grand.....btw..would anyone like to lend me a couple thousand bucks?? puahaha =P

If traktor ever came out with a video capable plugin, I'd love to be a tester for it.....*hint hint - if any Traktor representatives are reading this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Laws View Post
    If traktor ever came out with a video capable plugin, I'd love to be a tester for it.....*hint hint - if any Traktor representatives are reading this!!
    I fully agree with you...i am enjoying using traktor at the moment juz wish that they accept VST plugins... Lets make that in the wishlist for the next update for traktor....

Chubbz

Traktor accepting VST plugins wouldn't be very useful, not unless it had its own built in DAW(think Ableton/Flstudio/Reason). Theres no reason to reinvent the wheel so a VST version of Traktor will do just fine

As for visuals...

Personally i have alot of electronica tracks, 99% of which dont have film clips. Anyway what i personally would like to do, is use a program that creates decent CG visuals in real time that can be manipulated. The difference between what you can do with realtime CG in comparison to video is pretty astronomical, so id like to abuse what could be done there.

Theres massive potential waiting to be unleashed, i personally think the optimal way to make this work is to keep your focus on the audio and the manipulations that are done to the audio will be affecting whats done to your video. This way an artists focus is still on the music without having to worry to much about whats going on with the video feed. Much much more powerful than any a winamp visualisation I plan to experiment with this idea someday but my controllerism audio setup is taking priority at the moment.

No doubt ill keep you guys updated if i do choose do get around with this someday though, i am 99% sure it can be accomplished with the software on the market right now however processing power is my biggest worry.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post

As for visuals...

Personally i have alot of electronica tracks, 99% of which dont have film clips. Anyway what i personally would like to do, is use a program that creates decent CG visuals in real time that can be manipulated. The difference between what you can do with realtime CG in comparison to video is pretty astronomical, so id like to abuse what could be done there.
    ^^^
    any leads on a good program for this???? that would be tight.

I've been dabblin with vjing for a year or so now, playing with Resolume 2. I tried running Resolume 2 and Traktor together, both sharing midi CCs - and I wasn't that impressed with the results. Someone mentioned earlier that they routed their vj software with traktor in a similar fashion...
    To really take full advantage of somethign like Resolume it'd be best to use with it's own independent controller instead of sharing midi cc's with Traktor. Not a enough movement is made while tweaking traktor controls to really have effective application within resolume.

This thread reminds me I still need to give Resolume Avenue a test drive !
    Last edited by wrong chris; 08-08-2009 at 02:30 PM.

heres another...still serato based i believe

www.inklen.com/mixemergency

Tech Convert

i'm installing the arkaos grand vj demo now;
    http://www.arkaos.net/product/index....id=1001&iid=42
    i think it can receive midi messages from clips in ableton.

i had no luck with resolume 3. it is not well suited to using m-audio soundcards so it crashes on load. i personally stay away from any performance software that behaves like that.

I'm with McRossi,

I regularly use Virtual DJ to mix music video's. It does have its problems but is generally a good solution.
    MBP + Traktor Pro, Audio4 DJ VCI100 se v1.3 rocks!!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mrtunes View Post
    i'm installing the arkaos grand vj demo now;
    http://www.arkaos.net/product/index....id=1001&iid=42
    i think it can receive midi messages from clips in ableton.
    sorry i must add to this that this is done through midi-yoke/hubi's loopback type software

Not sure why no one has mentioned virtual DJ yet. Does exactly what you are asking.

EDIT: Lots of people already have! Ok its late...
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Pardon me for being late to the party on this subject, but...

Personally, I want to expand my stage show (and the above idea) to use a combination of ArKaos GrandVJ and Traktor Scratch Pro in sync with each other. The end result I want is to select and trigger video clips in GrandVJ using a MIDI controller (I have an Akai APC40 for such a purpose) while muting the audio from the videos I choose to play as it reacts to different elements (ie: start/stop/rewind the control vinyl/effects) from my audio/MIDI output from Traktor. I assume this can be accomplished by creating some virtual wiring bridge between the three, but I am unsure how I would program it all to get the desired result. Traktor, GrandVJ, and the APC40 all three send and receive 2-way MIDI, so I assume in theory, they all should be able to sync with each other. I would prefer to allow the APC40 to allow me to adjust the video effects/masking while syncing the tempo and automate the start/stop/rewind functions using MIDI CC from Traktor to GrandVJ. (I change tempo and scratch a lot in my set using the control vinyl. I thought triggering GrandVJ to play the video fast or slow, backwards and forward to match my hands as I scratch would be a cool effect.)

I hope that makes sense to you.

Could somebody assist me in hammering out the technical stuff to offer me a solution?
    Last edited by B-Naut; 12-27-2010 at 05:11 AM.
    --DJ B-Naut || Atlanta, GA
    Electro House || Mashups || VJ

Toshiba L505 i3 8GB RAM Win 7 64bit / 2 Technics 1200 / Vestax PMC280 / Dicer / Akai APC40 / Numark NuVJ / Arkaos GrandVJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123