Problems using traktor with novation nocturn AND launchpad

Default Problems using traktor with novation nocturn AND launchpad

Does anyone know how to use traktor with nocturn AND launchpad? I can use nocturn via [the eternally frustrating] automap no problem, and I can use launchpad via standard midi if I stop automap running no problem. But as soon as automap is on I can't use launchpad in traktor so I can't use both together. Also I use launchpad in ableton so don't want to permanently remove it from automap (if this is even possible).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Also a tip - don't buy anything from novation, automap is a massive pain in the arse why can't they just use standard midi I don't get it. In trying to make things easier with automap they've just made things miles more confusing-it irritates the hell out of me. Rant over.

Thanks for any tips.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I assume that you're running windows? Windows will only allow one application to access the driver at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I assume that you're running windows? Windows will only allow one application to access the driver at the time.
    Hi Stewe, I using Mac (osx 10.7). Do you mean one application to access auto map? Ideally what I would like is to just bypass automap altogether and use nocturn by standard midi but I don't think this is possible. So I'm guessing I need to somehow get automap to forget the launchpad when I'm using it in traktor?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I'm on mac (osx 10.7.5). Don't know what you mean by will only allow one application to use driver - is there some way of getting automap to temporarily ignore launchpad when i run it (so I can use launchpad in standard midi mode AND use nocturn in auto map).

Cheers

I'm running mac (os x 10.7).

Don't know what you mean sorry. Can I just get automap to forget the launchpad temporarily? Somehow?

Cheers

Hi Blingpiece,

Sorry to hear you're having problems here. Have you submitted an inquiry to our tech support team at http://www.novationmusic.com/answerbase/en/contact.php

If so, do you have a case number?