Slipstreamed windows ISOs optimized for djing ?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Slipstreamed windows ISOs optimized for djing ?

Hello there, i've been having problems with my laptop ever since i bought a brand new hdd and installed a fresh copy of windows 7.
    Waveforms are sluggish in both serato and traktor (vdj works fine tho), and traktor is MIGHTY slow. It takes about 10 seconds to get into the settings menu, let alone browsing and loading tracks.
    Serato also crashes when i load some of the tracks, and i have these weird cpu spikes when doing absolutely nothing.

My specs are: quadcore i7 (2ndgen) @2ghz, 8gb ram @1333, WD caviar black 7200rpm 750gb, nvidia gt540m 2gb.
    OS: Win7 Ultimate x64 (genuine), followed every optimization guide out there.
    The disk is defragmented every week by a good third party defragger, i have about 180gb used on the disk, now this is only music, on the laptop i have installed just serato, traktor, vdj, chrome, itunes and the defragger. NOTHING ELSE.

TL;DR
    So if any of you know of any slipstreamed installs of windows 7 that are specifically targeted at and optimized for music production/djing, that would be GREAT.

Thank you
    Luka

EDIT:
    -also, "get a mac" , yeah i would, i'm just waiting for the next-gen retinas to come out because the 15 has an overheating issue.
    Last edited by Polygon; 04-20-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Unless you've filled your computer with bloatware, a standard Win7 install should perform pretty well. Certain tweaks may be necessary depending on your exact hardware though.
    The Windows 7 machine I'm using right now works great for Traktor and I haven't optimised a thing.

An SSD should help with the sluggish performance.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

There has to be something on your machine that's bogging it down. I'm running Traktor on an old i3/3gb/win7 laptop with no issues whatsoever. The more I read these threads, the more I think people blame Windows for not knowing how to use a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Unless you've filled your computer with bloatware, a standard Win7 install should perform pretty well. Certain tweaks may be necessary depending on your exact hardware though.
    The Windows 7 machine I'm using right now works great for Traktor and I haven't optimised a thing.

An SSD should help with the sluggish performance.
    I literally have nothing except music and the programs i listed above (ok i forgot vlc and skype but that's about it)
    are you using x32?
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

64bit Windows, I assume you're using 64 too from the amount of RAM.

Have you had a look in the Resource Manager to see what's causing the CPU spikes?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    There has to be something on your machine that's bogging it down. I'm running Traktor on an old i3/3gb/win7 laptop with no issues whatsoever. The more I read these threads, the more I think people blame Windows for not knowing how to use a computer.
    Believe me i do know what i'm doing with the computer. I tried everything humanly possible, from manually disabling services one by one to modifying registry keys. Nothing helped...

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    64bit Windows, I assume you're using 64 too from the amount of RAM.

Have you had a look in the Resource Manager to see what's causing the CPU spikes?
    Yep i'm running an x64 install...
    Cpu spikes are in serato, cpu usage never goes above 25/30%. The only processes that are using the cpu are seratodj and audiodg (yes i tried the audiodg "fix", and it did nothing..), which i guess are essential to audio reproduction..

All drivers updated?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

If usage never goes above 30% it's not really a spike, or a problem worth worrying about.

What kind of read/write speeds do you get out of your HDD? My Traktor browsing+searching is pretty much instantaneous, and my music is all stored on a slower WD Green drive.

Likely a bad driver check that also if we're in case try reseating your memory maybe you've bumped them. Likely one of thoose two yhings

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast