traktor pro with m-audio fast track pro latency issue
    Tech Mentor

Default traktor pro with m-audio fast track pro latency issue

hey folks, using a vci-100 and a fast track pro and just starting using pro. set up is all as before, but now getting major clicks and drop out problems. latency is set at 2.5ms and i can't understand why having problems as with this video card shouldnt have any issues, but there is a visible and audible lag when throwing the crossfader all the way across the cut between tracks, and there is a lot of clipping going on. running of a dell core 2 t7200, 3gb memory and with soundcard and vci as described. can anyon help???

I have a fast track pro, and I don't like it that much. Outputs 3+4 are linked to the SPDIF and don't have a volume control on the front.
    Sounds like the latency needs to be pushed up higher. Try other latencies like 10ms and see if that solves it, then try lower numbers. Also, try changing the sample rate, some have found 48000 works good. If the clipping is in the software, try reducing the master out in traktor to -1.0 db or so.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah dude, speed up your latency to around 10ms. There's no need for it to be that low.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

thanks guys. still finding the response time lags a little on pretty much all sliders and knobs on the vci using traktor pro, but am i right in assuming this could be the tsi files i'm using also... have not converted to an se vci yet, and whilst there are many great tks files to choose from for use with 3.3 and 3.4, there are it would seem no good user files yest for pro (se techtools files not withstanding of course)! did anybody even try the vestax own tsi file for use with pro... they should be ashamed of themselves!!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

What do you mean lag time? Like, visual lag time or audio lag time?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

both audio and visual. the gain knob sometimes doesnt react for up to a couple of seconds until the reaction kicks in on pro. not a problem on v3. and also on pro if i slide the crossfaderr from one side to the other, when i pass through the mid point even though it is one continuous movement of my hand, at the mid-point the visual fader stops and rest for a good 1/4-1/2 second before re-engaing and continuing the movement. am starting to really think it is a tsi file issue.

thanks for your curiosity and advice.