Traktor F1 Performance Routine Video - Psy Gentleman Remix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor F1 Performance Routine Video - Psy Gentleman Remix

I just got a Traktor F1 so I decided to make a video where I mashed up Psy's Gentleman and some loops from TJR's Ode to Oi and their remix of Will Sparks, "Ah Yeah". Love the device, not only is it super cool looking I also hardly have to look at the computer screen to control the remix decks.

Tech Guru

Cool stuff! Could rock a top 40 night with that easily.

EDIT: For some reason, my iPad didn't post the rest. Was going to say you should keep quant on because you launched a loop out of time at the beginning, as Gullum below me pointed out.
    Last edited by Sambo; 04-21-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

nice remix but the first rumloops are not in sync with each other but seems alreight after the Ode to oi kicks in
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

This type of thing would not go over well in a Top 40 club.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    This type of thing would not go over well in a Top 40 club.
    Pray tell, why not? I play both of these songs and no ones complained.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Pray tell, why not? I play both of these songs and no ones complained.
    I don't know where you are from, but here on the east coast (Jersey and NY) this is not the type of music that is being played a top 40 clubs. Psy had his one hit that everyone knows, but I guarantee if you were to play this around here there would be complaints from everyone about this "weird japanese shit"

Just for the record, It's not a bad remix. I just don't see it being played in a Top 40 club where everyone is looking for Electro and Dutch remixes of the top 10 songs of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Thanks for the input guys. I didn't want to use quant cause I think my beatgrids weren't set properly so I wanted to trust my own timing. Guess it was a hit and miss.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    Psy had his one hit that everyone knows, but I guarantee if you were to play this around here there would be complaints from everyone about this "weird japanese shit"
    I play a very typical Top 40 club in the UK. This track is heavily requested. Even if someone does not know the song they know its by PSY as soon as the crappy vocal comes in. It's hardly "weird Japanese shit"... it's all over the radio here, unfortunately.

Not even Japanese!!!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I play a very typical Top 40 club in the UK. This track is heavily requested. Even if someone does not know the song they know its by PSY as soon as the crappy vocal comes in. It's hardly "weird Japanese shit"... it's all over the radio here, unfortunately.
    Also, since I live about 15 miles away from Karlos, you can see where I'm coming from.

I guess Americans just don't get dance music...

.... (bad troll, I know)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast