TTM 57SL vs. Z2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTM 57SL vs. Z2

Tech Wizard

Default TTM 57SL vs. Z2

I currently own a ttm 57SL. I am very comfortable with serato. but all my other gear seems to be going towards the native instruments direction, so I'm thinking of switching to traktor altogether, so swapping the rane for the z2.

any thoughts? yeh, or nay??!!

Do it. Z2 can be mapped to do anything you're doing in Serato and you can plug in an SL1-4 box to keep using SSL. I converted well before the Z2 but I never use serato these days. I keep my SL3 box just incase I'm playing with someone else who does

Tech Wizard

yeah, i'm doing it, I have my 57 on the market......I am really trying to wait, but I think I'm going to end up buying the z2 before I sell the 57, gettin' restless.

You won't regret the Z2. it's a lot of fun!

The ONLY thing that I have a complaint about on my Z2 is that the crossfader is definitely not a flagship innofader, or is not as durable as it should be. I got mine in December, and I already have noise bleeding from deck A into deck B, using timecode OR using standalone mode. A friend of mine swapped his crossfader to the original innofader, and it's way better apparently. Still by far my favorite mixer though!

Quote Originally Posted by Blak Majik View Post
    The ONLY thing that I have a complaint about on my Z2 is that the crossfader is definitely not a flagship innofader, or is not as durable as it should be. I got mine in December, and I already have noise bleeding from deck A into deck B, using timecode OR using standalone mode. A friend of mine swapped his crossfader to the original innofader, and it's way better apparently. Still by far my favorite mixer though!
    This isn't really a legit reason to complain in my book. I have the factory innofader in mine still, but I do occasionally break faders - I practice and play a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    This isn't really a legit reason to complain in my book. I have the factory innofader in mine still, but I do occasionally break faders - I practice and play a lot.
    True. Not meaning it's a major concern. I'm just surprised that I've had a fader go out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blak Majik View Post
    True. Not meaning it's a major concern. I'm just surprised that I've had a fader go out so quickly.
    Was it that one time you took a bath with it?

I'm still surprised that the T1 gets no love when it can clearly do just as much as the Z with the exception of the remix decks..... Neither mixer has post fader effects unless running software, the T1 has more controls for the effects plus transport controls, the T1 is built solidly. ....... What gives other then the NI name??

I'm serious here how can a mixer with so little to offer (except when running software ) be placed so high above others which are clearly better least in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by soundinsurgent712 View Post
    I'm serious here how can a mixer with so little to offer (except when running software ) be placed so high above others which are clearly better least in my humble opinion.
    Ditto. And I'm a Traktor user but I just don't get how one would prefer a Z2 to a TTM-57. It's true the buttons and squizzle stick on the 57 are useless without software (and annoying to use even when you're using serato), but just as a straight up mixer and piece of hardware, the 57 is head and shoulders beyond the Z.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast