Traktor - headphone cue on master, no idea how to fix

Default Traktor - headphone cue on master, no idea how to fix

So my new Mixtrack Pro 2 arrived today and I thought I'd play with the integrated soundcard. It worked fine for a few hours and then Traktor started playing whatever I was doing on the headphones to the master output. I have no idea what happened. The headphones play only the cue signal, while my speakers play both the monitor and the master output. I tried unplugging everything, restarting traktor and my computer, re-doing the settings from scratch to no avail.

I'd appreciate any help. Has anyone ever had this problem?

Tech Guru

Have you checked your Traktor Output Routing?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Have you checked your Traktor Output Routing?
    As mentioned, above, I did.

I also found out that if I cue a track and then move the crossfader away from it, it works as expected - cue in the headphones, master output in the speakers. However, is there any way that Traktor will not send a cued deck to the master output regardless of the crossfader?

Tech Guru

It plays thru the master even with the volume faders down? and you just mentioned the crossfader, but the way you explained it made it hard for me to understand......so I'll ask you to re-explain so I can understand.......when you crossfade, does it work like it's supposed to? and to answer your question Traktor should never send a cued deck into the master output, unless it is live, so if it isnt "live" (in this situation volume fader would be down) doesnt matter what position the crossfader is in......you shouldnt hear that deck over the main speakers
    Last edited by manchild; 04-22-2013 at 06:14 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Have you assigned the crossfader to the decks correctly..?
    Screen Shot 2013-04-22 at 22.23.55.png

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

For reference, in the example above the crossfader is not assigned to deck D.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    For reference, in the example above the crossfader is not assigned to deck D.
    That's cus I have my mic on Ch D and I need it to be live no matter where the crossfader is (but I'm sure you knew that;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laikacomehome View Post
    Okay, let's do this again, from the top.

Deck A is playing a track, it goes out to master. I set up a new track on B, press the cue button, crossfader is in the middle. I play the track on B to listen to it through my headphones, I get it both on the headphones and on master. If I move the crossfader to just A, then I don't get the cued track on master, but I can still hear it on the headphones.

I was under the impression that if a deck was cued, then it wouldn't go to master, regardless of the crossfader.

Thanks for your quick replies, guys. I knew this was the right place to ask.
    Is the channel fader up on the deck that is being cued when the crossfader is in the middle? If not your output routing is not right. If the channel fader is up the deck will play through the master no matter if cue is engaged.

Please post screen shots of your Traktor audio routing settings.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 04-23-2013 at 06:34 AM.

I was under the impression that if a deck was cued, then it wouldn't go to master, regardless of the crossfader.
    No, why should it work like that?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The only thing cue does it make it so that you can hear it in your headphones before sending it to the master by using the crossfader or channel fader.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x