FAQ- How to set up your VCI-100SE - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Mapping not entered right.

I just received my VCI100 SE today, and so far I've upgraded to Traktor Pro, and downloaded the mapping. I've imported the mapping as shown in the setup video, but for some unknown reason, nothing is happening when I mess around with the controls. The midi light is blinking, so there is some communication going on. Did I miss a step?

Thank a lot.

I'm having this same problem. I have a VCI-100SE, just upgraded to Pro, the midi light shows it's getting a signal, but I have no control because it is not allowing me to use the mapping after I import it.
    Edit: Fixed. I feel dumb, but I got it. You have to select the Generic MIDI device under Controller Manager, and it inputs the mapping. That is so counter-intuitive.
    Last edited by DJ_Gh0st; 04-21-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: solved

Tech Student

Hello all, I am new in this forum, this is my first post. I am very happy with my new Vestax VCI100, I am running the latest version of traktor scratch pro on a Dell XPS Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 @ 2.00 GHz, 3GB Ram, Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit with a 300GB HD. I recently dj'd a very long set, for about 7 hours, the system and controller performed great with the latest VCI100SE3_5_1.tsi file. However, my system and traktor continue to freeze briefly (about 1 second) every half hour, like clockwork on the hour and half hour on my computer clock.

How do I get rid of this issue?

Thanks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That sounds like there's something running in the background on the computer that may be pulling resources. Make sure wifi and bluetooth are turned off. This article isn't Windows 7 specific, but should point you in the right direction to getting everything running smoothly.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/07/1...e_windows_djs/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Thank you Chris, and thanks to everyone at DTT, its my first experience with forums and its been great, fast and friendly. I saw your post right after I downloaded this app, "Game Booster" to my machine. I got it from another post that unfortunately I have not been able to get back to. So thanks as well!

I played last night, 2 hours, no issues. It ran smoother than ever.

Thanks again.

Hello ean,
    I've got a problem. i just bought your overlay for my VCI100. So far so good. I wanntet to install the TSI file to update the mapping and when i select your TSI file... my mac told me that i only can import the GUI Layout , effect and other things.. but NO midi mapping... and i cant select these option... whats the problem?? please help me...

thx a lot...

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by basicchino View Post
    Hello ean,
    I've got a problem. i just bought your overlay for my VCI100. So far so good. I wanntet to install the TSI file to update the mapping and when i select your TSI file... my mac told me that i only can import the GUI Layout , effect and other things.. but NO midi mapping... and i cant select these option... whats the problem?? please help me...

thx a lot...

Jamie
    You need to update Traktor to the latest version (we're at 1.2.6 now). Just start Service Center (in the NI folder). After updating, make sure your dock icon points to the new update and not some old one on your system.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

I got 2 simple questions???

Would I be able to use all of the same features and benefits of a VCI 100SE with my regular VCI 100 if I was to upgrade?

Also... that new traktor control S4 that's coming... can I use those features with a VCI 100 in the near future?

thanks for any info.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarcelona23 View Post
    I got 2 simple questions???

Would I be able to use all of the same features and benefits of a VCI 100SE with my regular VCI 100 if I was to upgrade?
    Yes. I bought a regular VCI-100 and upgraded the firmware to 1.3 and everything works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarcelona23 View Post
    Also... that new traktor control S4 that's coming... can I use those features with a VCI 100 in the near future?

thanks for any info.
    Ean posted that there will be an updates DJTT mapping for the VCI-100 for the Traktor S4 sometime after the software update is released.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Hello, I just received my controller today and I was messing about while watching the setup video by Ean.

I was about to go update my mappings until I looked at the file and read the pdf... there was two versions of the .tsi "VCI-100SE3_5_2 (glitch fix).tsi" and the "VCI-100SE3_5_2.tsi"
    Am I supposed to pick one of them or do both of them have to be installed?

As of right now, my crossfader, volume control doesn't work.

(my set up is audio 2 dj, the vci-100se and traktor pro 1.2.4.)

thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast