FAQ- How to set up your VCI-100SE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question FAQ- How to set up your VCI-100SE

All information about the VCI-100SE has now been centralized in the MAPPINGS TAB. Please visit this page to learn how to set up your VCI-100SE:

http://www.djtechtools.com/midi-map/
    Last edited by EanGolden; 11-18-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Tech Convert

Default midi out?

hey ean. just got the upgrade kit and got it installed easily. just having a little problem with the tks. i read in some other threads about some similar problems, and found out that i need to have the vci programmed to midi out as well as midi in. however, when i go to my preferences menu under midi interfaces, there is only a section for midi in, and not midi out. i am currently running traktor 3.3, is that compatible with the midi out feature? thanks for the help

I would upgrade to the newer version, 3.4. its just as stable and solves the problems.

Hi Ean I am also having a problem with getting the VCI to work properly. So far this is what I have done: I imported the 2.2 .tsi file into traktor pro, I have plugged the VCI into my laptop the computer recognized it and installed the drivers, and under the MIDI Setup tab in the Traktor preferences the VCI shows up in both the MIDI input and output devices (it reads "Vestax PC Controller Emulated"). The red power light is on and the other buttons light up just fine on the VCI Shouldn't it be working after all that?

Default ocinteeni

Can you be more specific as to "what problems you are having?" I only ask because I have the same setup you are talking about with the vci and traktor pro. I can't get the TSI file to map traktor pro (1.1.2) to where the settings match the SE overlay? I installed the version 1.3 firmware. At least my PC said it installed successfully.

Hopefully someone else has had this issue so there is a known fix.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

My Gear: (Mac OS X) Traktor Pro 1.1.2, Ableton Suite 7, VCI-100 "SE Overlay" w/ 1.3 firmware, Akai APC-40, M-Audio Trigger Finger, Behringer BCR-2000

Default Faders and volume sliders not working

Okay, I just got my vci-100 today and set it up with the 2_3 tsi. The problem I'm having is that my fader and volume sliders aren't working. Not to mention the only way I can hear both deck a and b is to assign them to left and right in my headphones (can't hear tracks in stereo). Help.

Currently I just have my headphones plugged into my laptop and the vci-100 plugged into my laptop as well. (Waiting on the audio 2).
    Last edited by kobewan; 08-13-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Step 3: Set the Loop End to 1/2 (picture one)

==> Is this step still relevant to Traktor PRO 1.1.2 ? (can't seem to find this in the TP Settings dialogboxes)

Thanks!
    GunBee.

make sure traktor is in internal mixing mode. Go to the options and click on the output routing section and then click on the internal box. If this doesn't work i'm not sure what the problem is

Quote Originally Posted by kobewan View Post
    Okay, I just got my vci-100 today and set it up with the 2_3 tsi. The problem I'm having is that my fader and volume sliders aren't working. Not to mention the only way I can hear both deck a and b is to assign them to left and right in my headphones (can't hear tracks in stereo). Help.

Currently I just have my headphones plugged into my laptop and the vci-100 plugged into my laptop as well. (Waiting on the audio 2).

Hi ean
    Regarding this:

Notable Facts:

The FX select buttons don't light up (traktor 3 cant send this data)

Im on traktor pro and lights dont working too... Is that normal?
    Many thanks

Ps: great job on my arcade one!!!! Its beautiful

Got my VCI-100SE today and upgraded to Traktor Pro. When I import the tsi file it gives me the VCI-100SE under Device but there is nothing under the assignment table. Help!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast