Narrowed it down; JBL EON or Used QSC K series? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well I've been looking for damn near months now, but if you're positive those jbls really aren't worth the price and I shoiuld keep hunting i will, it's just hard not knowing a lot because you don't know what you're looking for>_<

Those ZLX's look too good to be true... How could they be an entirely new model at 399.00 and still be decent?

I want to be able to play some pretty deep dubstep. And I just get the feeling two active 12"s no matter what brand won't deliver that, and if I drop all my money on them, I probably won't ever have money for a sub to go along, or at least not for a LONG time.

Those RCF's on Ebay look great, and that would leave me with a pretty good chunk to spend on a sub. Can I really trust an ebay listing for a speaker? I feel like speakers randomly die out or have problems pretty frequently, would going with an ebay listing void me of any protection if they have problems?
    Last edited by grandlethal; 04-22-2013 at 10:37 PM.

My buddy and I are in the process of buying active sound. We want to have a solid system that's going to be good for most small to medium sized bars... and in turn using this as a spring board toward throwing shows of our own.

Right now he's purchased a pair of the K12's. They sound great on their own, and we've used them for monitors with another crew's main setup. Just jamming at his place the quality is obscene. I've always love the sound of QSC, it just sounds so crisp compared to many competitors.

If you go through American Musical or Zzsounds.com (and they will pricematch if you find a lower price) you can do the 8 payment plan on them. Not too long ago they also had a 12 payment plan option.

My next investment most likely is going to be into a set of the KW153's for myself. The 3 way speaker sounds excellent, and until I can purchase a pair of subs, is going to do well over this summer for outdoor stuff without a sub. I went to a house party last weekend and one of the guys had two of those setup in the backyard and a K12 as a monitor, and it sounded /good/. Now we didn't crank it, it was in a residential area, but the sound was crisp through the entire backyard.

The plan is to eventually get subs within the next couple months as well. American Musical and Zzsounds.com both have those as well, and after doing my research and hearing a LOT of different active subs, I'm just going to stick with it and get the KW181's. With that you can mount the speakers above the subs if you want/need, and it just all together not only sounds top of the line, but looks sharp as well.

I'd highly suggest the QSC sound. It sounds great, looks great, and honestly? You get what you pay for.

You can probably pair together a more powerful passive system... but there is a lot of extra work involved with that. It's something that at least in my case I want to have a solid active system to use, and then in the future adding sound I plan on making the slow additions with passive stuff. But that's a whole different game, pairing amps and drivers, that I'm just not interested in taking that plunge yet.

All in all, go with the QSC. You won't be disappointed. You have different settings to use depending on what you have paired up with them, and the bass boost is decent until you'll be able to pair them with a sub. You aren't going to get that dubstep low end until you can pair them with at least one though, and that is something to consider. But I'm a big proponent of "buy once, buy right" and not having to sell and rebuy gear.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

definitely the QSC's. They're a completely different league as the EONs.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    I have a pair of the K12's and I couldn't be happier with them. HOWEVER, (big however), I do have a QSC KW181 sub that I always use with them.

Now that I think of it, I haven't used the K12's w/o the KW181 yet. I need to check it out to see how they sound without it.
    I'm with this guy!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    I'm with this guy!
    one more thing....

the QSC branded tote bags and subwoofer cover are the icing on the cake. they give a more professional look when showing up to a gig, all the while protecting your investment.

True!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i own both an QSC all the way. me and my buddies did a comparison QSC is louder warmer and punchier than the JBL. The price is a few hundred less as well. just get the 15" for now and get a 18" sub later to fill in the space.

QSC are great, but whatever you do you need to pair it with a decent sub since that would make the most difference. I would take slightly cheaper 12s like the RCFs haze linked with a matching sub over just getting the QSC tops if that's your only option.

If you can find a pair locally the slightly older QSC HPR122is are great if not better but are a bit bigger and a lot heavier than the K series with the wood cabinets.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 04-26-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12