Intigrating Live Sequencer (Maschine) into your Dj Sets? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

I think it's called tempo bend or sth. Like when you move the pitchfader up and then back to normal quickly to keep the tempo but match it to the bars. Little arrows above your tracks in traktor
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    I think it's called tempo bend or sth. Like when you move the pitchfader up and then back to normal quickly to keep the tempo but match it to the bars. Little arrows above your tracks in traktor
    ahh you mean the pitch bend, on the deck that is the master...

i understand now!! thanks for the help. please let me know when you have your screen shots... im gona try arrange my own and compress/eq them tonight...

was my kick drum sounding distorted and tooo loud because i hadnt compressed it i imagine?
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Mentor

So on the weekend just gone i gave this a proper go live just with a 909 drum kit loaded, and i tell you what its great fun. It really does make your mix transition so much smoother as Volpe said with a simple hi-hat patter 'bridging' over the two songs!

You do have to concentrate on it all tho!

Volpe - have u managed to grab a screen shot yet?
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    It really does make your mix transition so much smoother as Volpe said with a simple hi-hat patter 'bridging' over the two songs!
    I use to do the same thing with a sample deck slot. When I'm prepping new songs i'll set a loop from a break or intro that is a nice percussive element. That way when I load a song I can start playing that part early on and keep playing it throughout the set. I'll end up with four or five of those going at different times throughout the set. It gives a nice cohesion to the set.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

So on the weekend just gone i gave this a proper go live just with a 909 drum kit loaded, and i tell you what its great fun. It really does make your mix transition so much smoother as Volpe said with a simple hi-hat patter 'bridging' over the two songs!

Sounds great!

I will post some screens any minute, just on my way home.
    Pm me if you are interested in getting the whole project file, in exchange for yours as soon as you have something done ofc
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II

Tech Mentor

Hey man! thats ace! yeh ill pm you now

Tech Mentor

Here are some screenshots of my Maschine Project:

Bildschirmfoto 2013-05-01 um 22.21.57.jpgBildschirmfoto 2013-05-01 um 22.22.16.jpgBildschirmfoto 2013-05-01 um 22.22.31.jpg

The only thing annoying me is that you can only Chain 4 Effects in Maschine, and that the EQ is quite limited. I use a free VST EQ (http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugi...?id=MEqualizer) sometimes, but i did not in this project so ppl without it can use it as well.
    As said, feel free to PM me if you want the whole Project and ill send you a dropbox link, maybe we can make a little collection there with your kits as well?

Edit: just noticed quality of the pics is quite bad, uploading them somewhere else right now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12