Complex (maybe?) modifier mapping question

Default Complex (maybe?) modifier mapping question

Hey -
    So, I've got my F1 set up so the pads either flash according to the beatphase of the deck focus or the master out, depending if modifier eight is 0 (beats) or 1 (master out). I've got a button that toggles between the two.

I'm using a two page pseudo-instagrat mapping - which I'll be posting in a week or so - and I've got it set so whenever a pad is pressed, it lights up completely, and ignores the beat phase or volume meter.

What I'd like to do is map one of the pads to set M8's value to one when held, but only when M8=0.
    I can figure out how to get it to hold to 1 from 0, but I can't make it so it doesn't go back to 0 when I press it at 1.

Basically - M8=0, but while the pad is held, M8=1, when you let go, it goes back to M8=0.
    But when M8=1. and I press the pad, it stays at M8=1 until I let go, at which point it reverts back to zero.
    I want it to just stay at 1.

Any thoughts?

You add the condition to the button then.

M8 = 0
    SC | MC

When you add that as a condition, the button press will go to M8=1, but when you let it go, it won't stay.

Looking back at my initial post, I see I probably didn't word it like I should have.

On pad press, if M8=0, while pad is held, M8=1. (So, when the pad is let go, it goes back to M8=0)
    On pad press, if M8=1, nothing.

I've tried all sorts of conditions and resets etc, but nothing really seems to cut it.