Best gig you've ever been.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Best gig you've ever been.

Simple, which where the best gigs/events/artists you saw.

In rock music:
    Roger Waters: Dark Side of the Moon (2007 - River Plate - Buenos Aires)
    All the class of a Pink Floyd gig, giant pigs, towers of fire, HUGE LASERS, awesome sound, awesome songs.
    Moment of the night: Pink Floyd - Pigs, Eclipse with all the stadium filled with smoke and giant lasers forming a giant prism resembling the album art.

Dream Theater (2009 - Luna Park Buenos Aires)
    The band that I heard all the time at the moment, epic concert, shed a couple of tears when they played my favorite song lol.
    Moment of the night: Dream Theater - Home

Roger Water: The Wall (2010 - River Plate - Buenos Aires)
    Nuff said.
    Moment of the night: The impotence and tension of hearing the music behind a giant 60m x 30m wall.

In electronic music.
    Justice:Live (UMF 2012 - Buenos Aires)
    I got into electronic music because of these guys and gave out a hell of a show, only 1hour but amazing. It gave me goosebumps when they played!
    Moment of the night: A minute of silence with Xavier hands up before droping we are your friends vs Waters of nazareth

Gui Boratto (State 2012 - Buenos Aires)
    Love his music, seeing him live was a dream. Great club also his music is so emotional and colorfull. Moment of the night: Playing a remix of Massive Attack Paradise Circus!

John Digweed: New Years Eve (Crobar 2013 - Buenos Aires)
    John's birthday, 6hs set, new years eve. Hell of a night. This guy is a magician behind the decks, drove me through a musical journey till 9am! Crazy! Moment of the night, John building up tension with lucianos track Rise of Angel!

Hernan Cattaneo & Sasha: Pt 2 (Moonpark 2013 - Buenos Aires)
    This guys can really translate you with music their feelings of joy, so sincere. Sasha couldn't stop smiling all night! and Cattaneo well, he is like a God here in argentina!
    Moment of the night: Cattaneo b2b Sasha playing his remix of Hot Chip's Flutes.

Well what where your favorite gigs and why?!
    Last edited by alchemy; 04-23-2013 at 09:33 PM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Top Spot is probably the First Homelands in winchester 1999, literally my mate comes into the DJ box @ 2am "wanna go to the UK tomorrow for homelands". Me: errrrr when exactly?"

2 hours sleep later and was on a plane, 12 hours of travel later (buses, taxis, trains etc) we finally got there and it was like this giant oasis opened we felt like moses parting the red sea .. and the dull Thump Thump THUMP! ...as you walked up the hill, through the freshly cut corn field and over the top looking into the "bowl", just intensified the feeling of "this is gonna be awesome".

What a freaking day/night !

Notable other great nights:

Jamming in a mate house at a houseparty in Dublin around 1998 when Darren Emmerson Came over after his gig for a few beers and brought a bag of tunes.

Secret Cinema a few months ago in Manila - Slamming night, best of the best tunes and he's a top notch guy!

Going to the Pink Floyd Laser show in the Planetarium in San Francisco in 2000. It was not really a gig, but enjoyable show none-the-less and made a bit special when we found it was the last night ever after running for 26 years - as a lazer tech and Lighting Jock at the time it brought out my inner geek LOL.

Not a big Trance fan but had a ball @ Gatecrasher in Club PP in Hong Kong around 2005/6 made better by the fact that the night "ended" for an entire hour, and then for no apparent reason the music was cranked up again for 3 hours after all the "weekend millionares" had left haha. I have No Idea who was actually playing TBH but a decent mix of bangers and few old school hits from the late 90's thrown in for good measure
    Last edited by deevey; 04-25-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Chris Isaak - simple, uncluttered jam session
    U2 - circa 'Zooropa' for Oakey's live version of 'Lemon'

Sasha & Digweed's 'Northern Exposure' tour - my intro to EDM
    Sasha live on the Maven - changed the rules
    356 reasons why

You guys can remember stuff like that?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Mala in 2012 in some super sketchy basement on Spadina with MASSIVE sound system. Almost complete darkness and body shattering bass.

-Darkside & Lost - Cross club Prague last november - heavy heavy tunes and great soundsystem. Very nice venue aswell
    -Om unit two weeks ago in Brno, Probably the best set i ever heard, shame there were quite a few dickheads in the crowd
    -and Soom T and Riddim Tuffa 3 years ago in my hometown, what a fucking night that was.. Small room, packed with people and vibesssss

October 1992 - Glasgow Barrowlands - The Orb - U.F.Orb Tour.

Hearing 'Little Fluffy Cllouds' in the flesh with their own 'Live' twists on it - Awesome.
    Last edited by Fraghaggis; 04-25-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

Nicole Moudaber @ Bal en Blanc 2013. Best night E-V-E-R.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Tech Mentor

I've been to so many gigs! When I was 15 I sneaked in to watch deadmau5 play in Manchester, one of the best experiences I've ever had. I don't care what bad press he gets now, it was such an incredible night! People were high on emotions all night through his set. Magnetic man supported him, these were also insane, If any of you have seen magnetic man you will know what I mean! Skream, Benga and Artwork know how to put on a good show.

Other gigs I've been too that I've thoroughly enjoyed were seeing pendulum (Two days before deadmau5 funnily enough). It's great I got to see them, as you know they've now split up and become... knife party who I don't enjoy that much. But that was an insane night.

Seeing your demise (A post hardcore rock band) was incredibly fun, very different! There is so much energy and aggro but at the end of the day everyone loves each other!

Ever since being 15, seeing pendulum and deadmau5 in that week I've just been insanely addicted to music! That's why I dj now, save my money for raves and have some of the best nights of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey
    the First Homelands in winchester 1999
    Hell yeah. I was there. (I thought it was 2000, though???)

I also went to the first Creamfields (which was also at the Winchester Bowl). Somewhere around here I've got the original posters from both festivals.

TBH, back then I went to pretty much every dance festival every summer for a few years. They've all just kinda melted into one long, awesome memory now....

I remember one, it might have been Homelands, actually, when it absolutely PISSED down all night. It was so wet me and my mates kept our work clothes on, and drove there from Bristol. I just bought a rasta hat (£6 - no idea why I bought it) and danced the night away.

I've still got all the programs (they were on neck lanyards) from all of the festivals I went to. Creamfields, Homelands, Gatecrasher, Global Gathering...

Christ I feel old.

31042d1282835035-pete-tong-em-1st-ever-creamfields-1998-i-think-cfeildswin.jpg flyer.jpg
    Last edited by Patch; 04-25-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast