Using CDJ 2000's as Hid, though still using Audio 8 to route sound

Default Using CDJ 2000's as Hid, though still using Audio 8 to route sound

Hey Guys, Could anyone explain or point me in the direction of a tutorial on how you go about using the CDJ 2000's as Hid controllers but still using the audio 8 soundcard.That's the route i am looking at going since the club i play at has the 2000's..Also how would it work with switching and alternating with another dj that plays regular cd's.
    The reason i wish to use the audio 8 as a soundcard opposed to the CDJ 2000 as soundcard's, is the sound is way better coming through the audio 8 then it is when using the CDJ's....At the moment i use timecode Cd's though since the club has the CDJ 2000's i would like to use them as HID control's and dump the timecode cd's to the side, though still routing the sound through the Audio 8, also i have the multicore cables so at the moment its really easy alternating between the other dj who uses normal cd's as he simply uses channel 2 and 3 where the multicore cables are plugged in and i use channels 1 and 2.
    P.s ill be doing this on a macbook pro, not sure if that is relevent and would be setup differently on a pc, though perhaps a way to do it on both would be good and could help others.

Thanx

What mixer do you have? Just curious..
    Soundcloud @ http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-sved
    Twitter @ https://twitter.com/djsved
    DJM 900 Nexus
    Two Traktor X1s

Tech Guru

Sound from the Audio 8 should not be "way better" than the 2000s but you can keep using the A8 if you like.

Plug both CDJs into your Macbook, load up Traktor, press LINK, then follow the instructions onscreen. Press DISC to return to CD mode.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by trilla_shocka View Post
    What mixer do you have? Just curious..
    The club has the Djm 800 installed...if it had a 900 or 2000 then for sure i would use the built in souncard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Sound from the Audio 8 should not be "way better" than the 2000s but you can keep using the A8 if you like.

Plug both CDJs into your Macbook, load up Traktor, press LINK, then follow the instructions onscreen. Press DISC to return to CD mode.
    Well to be fair the difference is noticable in the testing i have done, dont get me wrong i am not saying the CDJ 2000's sound quality is terrible, but it there is a lack of punch to the sound...using the NI sounds card either 8 or 10 it just feels warmer , more punch to the sound.Just to clarify, so i will not need to use the multi chore cables going from cdj outs into audio 8 then back from audio 8 into mixer or will i still have to do this...or will the CDJ's plugged into the mac take care of that.
    Thanx for the feedback.

Tech Guru

If you are using the Audio 8, you do not need any audio cables connected to the CDJ. Just from the Audio 8 outputs to the mixer inputs.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    If you are using the Audio 8, you do not need any audio cables connected to the CDJ. Just from the Audio 8 outputs to the mixer inputs.
    Awesome, thanx for clarifying that up for me, much appreciated.

As makar said, just use your audio 8 outputs into the mixer inputs. Aside from that, just select audio 8 as your source in traktor, and plug in the cd players via usb hub/cords, and you are good to go.

This is how I did it last week:
    -Make sure you have Traktor 2.5 at least
    -Plug 2 outputs of the audio 8 into the mixer and don't change the cable from the cdj to the mixer
    -Connect the cdjs with the MBP
    -Press link, and select the right deck
    -Set the audio device to Audio 8

Now you can easily switch between dj's. For example: Cdj1 and Cdj2 are on channel 1&2, audio 8 is on channel 3&4. With using your soundcard, you can unplug the cd's while they are playing a song and still have sound coming true the speakers Dj's using other software won't have problems with setting up their gear
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"