The CDJ 900. Worth its price tag? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    Do you use the hot-cues on the 1000mk3s much? This is obviously one of the big trade-offs to get the usb functionality of the 900 (it's frustrating that Pioneer deem only their flagship players worthy of these). Also worth pointing out the difference in feel between the 900s and 1000s- I know it's a bit superficial but I found the 900s disappointingly lightweight after the 1000mk3s. This is more a sign of the times though and true of most modern CDJs post-CDJ1000.

I would definately go for the 900s over the 850s however (for Quantize looping etc, Link, and Slip Mode alone), but the price is difficult to stomach on them if you buy new. Second hand they also seem to hold their value well but this does mean if you buy new then you shouldn't lose too much if you ever sell them.

I brought my CDJ900s brand new and actually managed to trade them back into the store (after about 9-10 months home use) for most of their original value when the Denon SC2900 was finally released. Meant I got to upgrade to the 2900s and got a small bit of cash back too.

The SC2900 is well worth a look as it is essentially a CDJ900 (it has quantize, link, slip mode etc) but with hot cues, jog torque adjust, and (in my opinion) a better jog-wheel. It's also a bit cheaper.

But if you are set on sticking with Pioneer then I'd go with the 900 (whether it's worth the price- as with any Pioneer product- only you can decide ), but if not then I'd go and try the 2900. For me it's the perfect middle ground between the CDJ2000 and the CDJ900, whilst only costing as much an an 850. I also really like that it's laid out and functions exactly the same as the Pio CDJs I've had, so there are no issues with the whole 'being familiar with Pioneer equipment' angle.

Also worth pointing out that my experiences of pricing is here in the UK, I can appreciate it may be different overseas.
    they dont seem that much similar and only 300 oz cheaper than 900. I prefer the looping options to hot cues tbh. No rekordbox on denon either which sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxsis View Post
    they dont seem that much similar and only 300 oz cheaper than 900. I prefer the looping options to hot cues tbh. No rekordbox on denon either which sucks
    dig deeper
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

I have two cdj 900's and I love them. Pioneer is expensive but they make nice and reliable equipment. buy used if you can. If you wait long enough on Ebay a good deal pops through.

Quote Originally Posted by pbcrazy9898 View Post
    I have two cdj 900's and I love them. Pioneer is expensive but they make nice and reliable equipment. buy used if you can. If you wait long enough on Ebay a good deal pops through.
    Yeah in the progress of picking up a pair for $1500 australian. Hopefully it happens if not can get 850s for $1200

I really like the CDJ 858-K...try to find one used.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    I really like the CDJ 858-K...try to find one used.
    Yes check the buy and sell, I have seen some there!
    Vestax PDX-3000 MK II -- Vestax PMC-05 Pro IV -- Vestax VFX-1 -- Rane SL3
    -- Novation Launchpad --
    -- Vestax VCI-380 --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12