F U Soundcloud
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: F U Soundcloud

Default F U Soundcloud

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366809809.199324.jpg is this what sound cloud looks like when it won't let you post a set because it may contain copyrighted material?

mixcloud
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Lol yeah I know other services but I pay for their pro plan I sure as fuck should be able to post a fucking mix

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Lol yeah I know other services but I pay for their pro plan I sure as fuck should be able to post a fucking mix
    yea. i hear if you add a sample in the beginning, it clears. like a quick 5 second sample. I always just add a name drop before my mix. it ends up clearing.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    yea. i hear if you add a sample in the beginning, it clears. like a quick 5 second sample. I always just add a name drop before my mix. it ends up clearing.
    I have heard this before, but didnt do it on my last upload and it went through, no issues....

However, three months down the line, I get an email saying that it contains copyrighted material, and so has been removed. Hmmmm. Might find somewhere else to go....
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Tech Mentor

Leave a 5 second gap at the beginning of your mixes. Soundcloud only check the first 2-3 seconds for copyright breaches. This should solve your problem.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Why is this a surprise to anyone?

Why are people surprised when they break the law or the rules of Soundcloud. It is not permitted to upload copyrighted music... period. Doesn't matter if we dislike it, that's the way it is.
    https://soundcloud.com/community-guidelines

There are ways of getting round the copyright check and they are documented on this forum.

The problem is that Soundcloud isn't responsive when issues arise. I know a classical recording engineer who posts mixed/mastered preview versions up on a paid account set to private, just to show clients and see if they're happy with how it sounds and he has had his uploads taken down on several occasions even though it's things he recorded himself - just because the music uses a score that is copyrighted, but his clients have paid for.

Many emails back and forth and he has never been able to get around the issue so now he just hosts it all himself on his home machine.

Quote Originally Posted by chromatome View Post
    The problem is that Soundcloud isn't responsive when issues arise. I know a classical recording engineer who posts mixed/mastered preview versions up on a paid account set to private, just to show clients and see if they're happy with how it sounds and he has had his uploads taken down on several occasions even though it's things he recorded himself - just because the music uses a score that is copyrighted, but his clients have paid for.

Many emails back and forth and he has never been able to get around the issue so now he just hosts it all himself on his home machine.
    or he can just use Mixcloud. or Mixcrate. theres other options. it sucks... but it is what it is
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast