Want to use Ipad in set, Need external battery...help I.D this product!! Please!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Want to use Ipad in set, Need external battery...help I.D this product!! Please!

Spin2.jpg

I want to run my Midi Fighter on my Ipad with beat Maker...I tried hooking up the Spectra to a external powered usb hub and that still wasn't enough power to run the spectra. So then I was looking on FB and this picture caught my eye. In the upper left hand corner of the picture it looks like they are using some kind of external battery. Could this run my Spectra so I could use my iPad? Would it also be able to run my controller (Denon MC2000)? So I could run "DJ Player" instead of taking my laptop with me?

Dose anyone know what this product is???

Is there a way to use the Spectra and Ipad?? I am missing something? Or is it take to much to run it, and you can only use " DJ Player" and "Beat Maker" with the Classic??

Please Help..
    Denon MC2000, Midi Fighter Spectra, Trakor Pro

Tech Guru

A powered USB hub should solve any issues with power on the Ipad. There's no guarantee it will work though; is the Spectra class-compliant?

Only the MidiFighter Classic and MidiFighter Pro are listed as compatible with DJ Player on their website.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Not sure, about "DJ Player" but it should work with BeatMaker.... When I plugged the Spectra into the usb hub it didnt light up or anything, and I had the hub plugged into the wall

Tech Guru

I think the Spectra has special firmware that's controlled by computer, so that might stop it working on the Ipad. Using a powered hub rules out a power problem.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Ah Ha! If that's the case about the firmware then that might be the problem. I thought it was strange that it wouldn't light up when it was plugged into the hub-which was plugged into the wall.. But as soon as I plugged it back into my computer it lit up like a Christmas tree..

Tech Wizard

But still....WHAT IS THAT LITTLE POWER BOX IN THE LEFT HAND CORNER!!??? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin d View Post
    But still....WHAT IS THAT LITTLE POWER BOX IN THE LEFT HAND CORNER!!??? Anyone know?
    Looks like one of those portable batteries you can charge phones with but not sure:

http://www.mychargepower.com/tablet-...batteries.html
    SC | MC

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    is the Spectra class-compliant?.
    This^^

I don't think it is.

Midi Monitor sees nothing no matter how you power it, hub or not (when connected to an iPad).

i think a Spectra will work. Beatmaker 2 recognizes any midi controller i think..... so all u need is the powered USB hub.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    Beatmaker 2 recognizes any midi controller.
    Nah man. The software is not the issue. A device HAS to be Class Compliant to be used with an iPad.

Midi Monitor just shows you the midi messages coming into the iPad.
    The original Midi Fighter works just fine, the Spectra is not recognised at all.

I have both MF and Spectra and I have a D-Link 7 Hub and I have tried both with the hub and powered on the fast power port.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast