Need a feedback on my first track!
    Tech Mentor

Default Need a feedback on my first track!

Hi guys please help me here... i just produced this track and need some feedback on it...anything would be great...places where ive fucked up and specific advice on the production etc basically everything u can say bout it....also please tell me how good is it a track as my first track...thanks a lot

Sounds like a video game track from the 80s.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Keep doing what your doing.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quite nice for a first track!

My suggestions would be to put more sound in the higher frequency, particularly on that synth and the snares. More definat hats too. I'd also really like a syncopated, tight snare with a bit of reverb. Like at the beginning, I wish that came back. Does the synth on the drop have sub base? I don't have a sub so I can't tell but I'd really like a base that underlines that synth. Did you use sidechain compression to duck the synth under the kick?

I love the beginning and I'm not at all fond of the end. Far too straightforward with the kick - snare - kick - snare evenly spaced.

Overall WONDERFUL first track! I hope you like the feedback. Great work, keep it up!

Tech Mentor

trust me you really know how much have you helped me by just posting this. Like motivated me a lot. thanks for this AWESOME feedback including what part you exactly liked and what part you dint.

yup there's a sub bass at the drop and yes ive also sidechained the synth to the kick

Thanks man loved the feedback.

Tech Wizard

Great! I'm glad it helped. Can you post the new version? I'd love to hear it!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kinnik View Post
    Great! I'm glad it helped. Can you post the new version? I'd love to hear it!
    Hi, currently I'm just working on a remix of Rockin' N Rollin' by Fedde le grand for a beatport contest so busy in that.

Please follow me on sound cloud and would love any advice from you on any track : www.soundcloud.com/sagar_s

gona upload the remix next week by 17the june.. and this is the first track im ever mastering so your advice would be great.

Cheers