DJ'ing my friends party - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Tech Wizard Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City | Atlantic City, NJ
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Is there a way to hook up spotify with my cdjs 2000 NXS ? or djm 2000? I know im going to get requests and i will be generous enough to play the music for them. Or is it not possible?

  2. #12
    Tech Guru johney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    704

    Default

    just bring a laptop and play a youtube playlist

  3. #13
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North of England
    Posts
    295

    Default

    If you bring a spare laptop / iPad / anything with spotify on, you can run it through a spare channel on the mixer

  4. #14
    Tech Mentor Klaxsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Depends on the mood of the party at the time. I've had people ask me to play their crappy old slow classics and hip hop but i never usually do because everyone is usually buzzin at the parties i do. Tip: If you want to play hip-hop rap stick to the classics everyone knows, chances are if you play artists like Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky and Juicy J you will kill any dancefloor you had and will remain with 5 white guys who think theyre requests are what everyone wants to hear and dance to. Know from past experience :P just stick to what everyone knows when it comes to old and rap music.

  5. #15
    Tech Mentor djmetalgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
    If you bring a spare laptop / iPad / anything with spotify on, you can run it through a spare channel on the mixer
    this. i have my ipad that i run thru my extra channel on my s4 and if its a house party, ill do them a favor, but if its a club, i dont even bother getting a song i dont have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxsis View Post
    Depends on the mood of the party at the time. I've had people ask me to play their crappy old slow classics and hip hop but i never usually do because everyone is usually buzzin at the parties i do. Tip: If you want to play hip-hop rap stick to the classics everyone knows, chances are if you play artists like Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky and Juicy J you will kill any dancefloor you had and will remain with 5 white guys who think theyre requests are what everyone wants to hear and dance to. Know from past experience :P just stick to what everyone knows when it comes to old and rap music.
    This is all very relative. Maybe you're just biased... or maybe you're just DJing partys with a bunch of old people, cause ASAP, and Juicy J, and Kendrick Lamar are played in all the major clubs.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

  6. #16
    Tech Mentor Klaxsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default

    This is all very relative. Maybe you're just biased... or maybe you're just DJing partys with a bunch of old people, cause ASAP, and Juicy J, and Kendrick Lamar are played in all the major clubs.[/QUOTE]

    I'm not djing to old people haha, here people would prefer to listen to House than Rap at house parties and clubs usually. Some Rap is good, but i find kendrick, rocky or juicy j kinda mellows the energy a bit.

  7. #17
    Tech Wizard Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City | Atlantic City, NJ
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
    If you bring a spare laptop / iPad / anything with spotify on, you can run it through a spare channel on the mixer
    Hmm I have to figure out how to do this. Its not really a gig i just need to have some music going ya know? Thanks all for the replies

  8. #18
    Tech Wizard Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City | Atlantic City, NJ
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Yeah its a mix crowd mostly older folks. I cant have no cursing lol

  9. #19
    Tech Mentor djmetalgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Hmm I have to figure out how to do this. Its not really a gig i just need to have some music going ya know? Thanks all for the replies
    its not hard at all. what controller/mixer do you have. all you need is an 1/8th inch audio to RCA from your ipad or ipod. plug the RCA into line in for your mixer.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

  10. #20
    Tech Wizard Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City | Atlantic City, NJ
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    its not hard at all. what controller/mixer do you have. all you need is an 1/8th inch audio to RCA from your ipad or ipod. plug the RCA into line in for your mixer.
    I have djm 2000 and mac. I will try it now. Thank you very much will come back if i run into any problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •