VCI-100 1.3 + Audio Kontrol 1, TSP1.1 - how to get a mic working

Default VCI-100 SE 1.3 + Audio Kontrol 1, Traktor Pro 1.1 - how to get a mic working

Reckon this belongs in this forum ...

Got my controller working perfectly well with Traktor Pro & the soundcard, bu I'm trying to get a mic working with my setup as I do a radio show. Ve got the mic plugged in, the mic is selected on the AK1, and I can hear it on my headphones on the monitor, but not through the master.

I know TP can cope with a mic, as it used to work with my BCD3000, and I'm looking for similar behaviour, and I reckon the midi button on the top of the AK1 are the key

is it possible to use, say the left button or the right button on the AK1 to route the mic output in place of deck a or b (ideally fading the music down, but cutting it is fine)

a) is this possible
    b) has anyone done this
    c) if not, can anyone give me some pointers as to how to modify the 2.3 tsi to do this?
    Last edited by Sherlock Ohms; 09-04-2009 at 08:17 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Anyone?

Bueller?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Guru

i had the same issue .. i had to get one of these adapters:
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

When I want a mic running through my Audio Kontrol 1 when i'm using Traktor Pro, I actually run MainStage at the same time. You can add effects to the channels too - echo reverb etc

I'm sure there will be other audio software you could use - possibly even the free Audacity. Basically if you can run it at same time as Traktor and preview the mic when you set up preferences you should be good to go.

I didn't know, or have never seen a way of using a mic with tpro but if you say you can then brilliant.

Also for a Mac, I really like Nicecast, it has got a cool mic voice over feature built in.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    i had the same issue .. i had to get one of these adapters:
    Got an xlr to xlr mic cable and an xlr to trs (that I haven't tried yet) - so I shouldn't need an adaptor?