DDM4000 midi clock?
    Tech Convert

Default DDM4000 midi clock?

I've found the BPM detection on the DDM4000 to be a bit...dodgy.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? I know you can sync traktor's midi clock with the mixers, but is there any way to do it the other way round?

I know there are better alternatives to using the sampler on the DDM4000, but I figured if it's there, I'd like to get it synced up all proper.

BPM detection on ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING is a bit dodgy.

On the DDM4K, use tap tempo, or set your loop start/end points manually.

I know you can sync traktor's midi clock with the mixers, but is there any way to do it the other way round?
    If you can set Traktor to midi slave, them yes. The DD4K can transmit midi clock.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    BPM detection on ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING is a bit dodgy.
    A little too harsh maybe.
    I'm using Traktor Pro and sending MIDI clock to my X600 for EFX sync on the mixer, works like a charm. In case I change the tempo of the track, the BPM on the mixer matches to the new value in like... 2-3 sec. BPM fluctuates to 0.1 but doesn't seem to matter for the EFX.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

I mapped the DDM's sampler to my sample decks in Traktor (not remix decks, I'm on 2.1.3 or whatever the hell it was before the remix sets came out), and I gotta say it's pretty convenient. I usually only use 4 loops/samples at a time anyways, so Deck D is normally empty. I have C and D outputs going through the Main Out of my A6 into channel 3 on the DDM. It's a handy little feature, and it's stuck with me for quite awhile now
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh