Selling my 1210s has reduced my mixing ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah it was... but I sold it to buy a new Guitar FX processor.
    It was a wrench but I wasn't using it as much as I intended. Lovely machine but I just use a Macbook Pro now and hook it to the screens.

Did it just not have the power for it? Ive been thinking of picking one up just for production.
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Serious questions:
    Are you guys telling me that for someone who grew up on a digital setup, they can't find that intrinsic feeling on their kit?
    Do you guys honestly believe that TT's or CDJ's are that much more.... alive?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    Did it just not have the power for it? Ive been thinking of picking one up just for production.
    It had plenty of power. Don't be put off by the fact that it's not a full grown Mac Pro. I have to say I don't have the knowledge of Logic to say whether a power user would be happy with a Mac Mini but I took some advice from users on DJTT before I bought it. I was told I would have no issues with Mini. I liked it a lot. I just had an almighty desire for a better FX processor so the Mini had to go for no other reason.

Tech Mentor

Brilliant... my mate works at the apple store and can get a nice discount on the mini making it just under 500 wich sounds a steal!

Just wanted to make sure it would be able to run tho
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Technics....Keeps you on your toes!

936262_533351763377021_249814738_n.jpg
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

cant beat the feel on spinning vinyl.

i tried a controller setup with traktor and i hated it.. i wanted to like it but i just couldn't get in to it.
    what funny is i really enjoyed using Ableton (apart from the warping)

ive moved to cdj's now which kinda gives me the best of both worlds..

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    Serious questions:
    Are you guys telling me that for someone who grew up on a digital setup, they can't find that intrinsic feeling on their kit?
    Do you guys honestly believe that TT's or CDJ's are that much more.... alive?
    Yes. Honest answer is after playing on tons of different controllers and set-ups, including an S4....and man I tried to love that S4, came up with user mappings, etc. it all felt "lifeless" compared to a turntable. Same as having to midimap, and prepapring samples....felt as if I was more focused on computer programming than music.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    Brilliant... my mate works at the apple store and can get a nice discount on the mini making it just under 500 wich sounds a steal!

Just wanted to make sure it would be able to run tho
    Any two bit refurbished pc would run better and cheaper than a Mac mini. Seriously. Is it the operating system that gets you people to pay double markup or what.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Yes. Honest answer is after playing on tons of different controllers and set-ups, including an S4....and man I tried to love that S4, came up with user mappings, etc. it all felt "lifeless" compared to a turntable. Same as having to midimap, and prepapring samples....felt as if I was more focused on computer programming than music.
    See the issue I have with this.. Do people not realize if you are going to change methods to madess, you actually have to change the method?

I feel alot more "alive" and in control, doing alot more things with my Traktor setup. If you expect to go from vinyl to a digital setup and some how work it the same way to create the same feeling, you are far far far mistaken.

Ill never get this line of thinking "it doesnt feel the same". Of course it doesnt, but because of your egotistical view towards a turntable or how it should "feel" you in no way help advance the current future. Or attempting to advance your own understanding of it.

Turntable away, they are great for the bedroom. You would never catch me hauling a 1210 to a club now a days, and i believe even 2 clubs here even have a pair of house tables anymore.

For the sake of fun and progression of your own mixing, TTs are great, they arent practical now a days for a standard club dj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Ill never get this line of thinking "it doesnt feel the same". Of course it doesnt, but because of your egotistical view towards a turntable or how it should "feel" you in no way help advance the current future. Or attempting to advance your own understanding of it.

Sounds like you are the one with the egotistical and short sided view pal. You choose to quote what I said and perhaps don't agree with what I'm writing ---- but the topic of this thread is exactly what I'm relaying to the guy who asked above.

To give you some background because it seems like you know plenty about me from your post. I played on 1200's when I was a teen in the mid-90's and stopped DJing all together for about 10 years. Decided to take it up as a hobby at some point and bought a controller. It was cool, easy, and like most who get a controller now a days it was easy to play some tunes at the house and for friends. I got all into traktor, developed plenty of custom mappings, shared them with the forum, etc. ended up with the CDJ's for a while, tried those, and although fun....it wasn't until i got some 1200's nearly 15 years since I had played on one that I really enjoyed playing tunes. Same goes for SSL, i prefer it to Traktor. It's no ego my man ----- it's choices, tastes, likes, etc.

...plenty of other folks on this forum have expressed the same "feeling" when using tables vs. a controller.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast