Selling my 1210s has reduced my mixing ... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Sounds like you are the one with the egotistical and short sided view pal. You choose to quote what I said and perhaps don't agree with what I'm writing ---- but the topic of this thread is exactly what I'm relaying to the guy who asked above.

To give you some background because it seems like you know plenty about me from your post. I played on 1200's when I was a teen in the mid-90's and stopped DJing all together for about 10 years. Decided to take it up as a hobby at some point and bought a controller. It was cool, easy, and like most who get a controller now a days it was easy to play some tunes at the house and for friends. I got all into traktor, developed plenty of custom mappings, shared them with the forum, etc. ended up with the CDJ's for a while, tried those, and although fun....it wasn't until i got some 1200's nearly 15 years since I had played on one that I really enjoyed playing tunes. Same goes for SSL, i prefer it to Traktor. It's no ego my man ----- it's choices, tastes, likes, etc.

...plenty of other folks on this forum have expressed the same "feeling" when using tables vs. a controller.
    Well I wrote a response.. but eh its not worth it.. you can't read, you are making generalized statements, and now need to defend your "personal" life to me because I some how mentioned a damn thing about it in my post. In the future ill remember not to quote those who are going to take general quotes (referring to the MANY lifeless comments in this thread) and get but hurt over them on a personal level

What a joke, lol

Tech Guru

I'll send you some chocoloate sunshine --- sounds like your inner child is hurt.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Any two bit refurbished pc would run better and cheaper than a Mac mini. Seriously. Is it the operating system that gets you people to pay double markup or what.
    It was because I wanted to use Logic and my mate is a Logic tutor. Logic won't work with a "two bit refurbished pc" or any PC... Try to read and understand the whole post before you pour your usual bile on something.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Any two bit refurbished pc would run better and cheaper than a Mac mini. Seriously. Is it the operating system that gets you people to pay double markup or what.
    Dont know, jus the fact ive never had a problem in my 7 years of using OS that makes me stick with it.
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Geeez....so many Negative Nancies on this site lately.

Trolls...and people just wanting to argue.

Why?

Don't you have anything better to do?

FFS....

*Not directing at you Haze....*
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    Dont know, jus the fact ive never had a problem in my 7 years of using OS that makes me stick with it.
    Don't... just don't entertain him. You do not need to explain yourself to him. He will find something to tug at no matter what you say.

Off topic: How you liking the Shure M447's. Buying some as a soon as I sell my Q.Bert's. The Q's are great, I just fancy a change.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Geeez....so many Negative Nancies on this site lately.
    I don't get it either. Plenty of us will not agree and that's cool, and I'm sure some folks feel very strongly about their opinion, and even sometimes the bickering is entertainig and even educational --- but I just don't get the negativity?

Oh and I checked out the set you posted on the other thread. I've never really listened to Psy before --- couldn't tell if you were on 2 decks or 12! I guess that's a good thing It was a fun listen.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Off topic: How you liking the Shure M447's. Buying some as a soon as I sell my Q.Bert's. The Q's are great, I just fancy a change.
    I had some Orotofon Concorde Nightclubs, never used Q-berts.....much prefer the M447's. Cheaper as well!

I don't get it either. Plenty of us will not agree and that's cool, and I'm sure some folks feel very strongly about their opinion, and even sometimes the bickering is entertainig and even educational --- but I just don't get the negativity?

Oh and I checked out the set you posted on the other thread. I've never really listened to Psy before --- couldn't tell if you were on 2 decks or 12! I guess that's a good thing It was a fun listen.
    Ahh cheers dude.
    Yeah...was just going balls to the wall there.

2 track decks playing them songs and a 3rd with a loop on it and 4th deck with samples.

Nothing MAJOR...but proving to the nay-sayers here locally that you CAN play 4 deck Psy....albeit it not being 4 songs at once.

Only Minimal Tech sounds good like that...to me anyways.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

I had some Orotofon Concorde Nightclubs, never used Q-berts.....much prefer the M447's. Cheaper as well!
    I have never tried the M447's. But have Ortofon Concorde Electro's and Scratch's (them pink ones).

Both seem really nice to me. Dont get much skipping etc. BUT....I don't play out on TT's. Just at home for fun.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast