Trakor Timecode Problem (tracks playing backward)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trakor Timecode Problem (tracks playing backward)

i know there have been a number of traktor timecode problems lately, but mine is strange. Ive tried to troubleshoot the problem, no luck.
    My Setup-
    2- Stanton t62 tables
    2- BRAND NEW stanton carts
    Audio 8 DJ
    BRAND NEW traktor white timecode
    Traktor Scratch Pro (legit)
    Macbook Pro quad i7, 8gb ram (mtn lion)
    both tables run at 45 and set accordingly in traktor, my timecode graph things look fine. (blue and orange like they should be)

But the tracks play backwards no matter what. If i switch to internal its fine. But as soon as i set it to vinyl control, starts playing backwards...???

I've been using this setup for a year now with no changes and no problems. Whats going on?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    But the tracks play backwards no matter what. If i switch to internal its fine. But as soon as i set it to vinyl control, starts playing backwards...???

I've been using this setup for a year now with no changes and no problems. Whats going on?
    Your Stanton's are possessed.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Tech Mentor

try this...

Recalibrate your vinyls while there playing backwards, they may start playin the right way (its happend a few times)

On your soundcard inputs swap your turntbales input phonos to the opposite of what you do now.. i.e. instead of red in red, white in white.. have white in red, red in white...

^ that has fixed the issue for my mates serato when he used my turntables, no idea why it happend since it works fine on my traktor.

Hope either of these helps...

Let us know
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    On your soundcard inputs swap your turntbales input phonos to the opposite of what you do now.. i.e. instead of red in red, white in white.. have white in red, red in white...

^ that has fixed the issue for my mates serato when he used my turntables, no idea why it happend since it works fine on my traktor.
    That's crazy that it worked. How come swapping your RCA cables had any difference?

I'm not playing devils advocate, I've just never heard of that before. Knowledge is power and all that KDoog
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Have you contacted support from NI?

Tech Mentor

im not entierly sure tbh joe!

it might have had summat to do with my Shure Carts, cos wen we put his stanton carts on the 1210s and plugged the rca's in his SL2 box the right way it worked, then we put my M447s in and it went backwards untill we swapped the rca's the other way around.

Its not happend on any1 elses Serato box ive tried it on though

Good thing about traktor is you can put the rca's either way around if its going backwards then its getting a signal and all u press is recalibrate and itll play forwards... Serato seems like you have to plug them in whichever way it likes...

although this is all just my experience!!

Off topic: joe u shudda come down to rum & bass on sat, was a epic night!
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

im gonna give it all a try as soon as i get home thanks guys!

Tech Mentor

hope it works, let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by joemanton View Post
    That's crazy that it worked. How come swapping your RCA cables had any difference?

I'm not playing devils advocate, I've just never heard of that before. Knowledge is power and all that KDoog
    DVS playing backwards is a pretty common thing, with the channel swapping as the go-to quick fix. You can indeed recalibrate the faulty channel in Traktor and it'll invert things for you.

Why?
    Supposedly, there is a phase offset in the sine tone between the left and right channels, which the software uses to determine direction. Swap the channels, the phase is inverted and therefore, so must be the direction - and thus playback goes the opposite way.
    You can make that happen on purpose by swapping the wires, or swapping between cartridges with different wiring (or swap the white and red terminals in your headshell mounted carts for fun).
    Corollary : if you unplug one of the channels while playing, cueing back and forth only makes the playback go forth-forth-forth-forth instead of back-forth-back-forth (depends on the unplugged channel and dvs software).

@OP: you mentioned...
    BRAND NEW stanton carts
    Brand new compared to your unchanged-for-a-year setup?

Tech Mentor

^^ at least summoned knows why!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast