buying 2x CDJ-2000 Nexus + DJM-900 Nexus.. is this all i need to buy?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default buying 2x CDJ-2000 Nexus + DJM-900 Nexus.. is this all i need to buy?

I'm looking to buy 2x CDJ-2000Nexus + DJM-900Nexus.. Do I need any other special cables to sync them together or run them to the mixer? I already have those standard black cables that I have hooked up from my Traktor Kontrol S2 to my Yamaha monitor's (male to male connector, not sure the name of them)..

Do I need to make sure I pick up anything else to make sure this setup is fully functional or does it come with everything to link the 2 together and to the mixer? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by lip5016 View Post
    I already have those standard black cables that I have hooked up from my Traktor Kontrol S2 to my Yamaha monitor's (male to male connector, not sure the name of them)..
    ... wow. Just wow.

This, right here, is everything that's wrong in the industry right now.

Tech Wizard

What's the problem?

What's the problem?
    I'll let someone else answer this one, methinks.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    I'll let someone else answer this one, methinks.
    I bought this setup over 2 years ago and it's been my daily driver.. I haven't felt ready to enter the public until now.. Purchased everything I needed 2 years ago, set it up and never had to deal with them again til now..

I can see why you're acting like an asshole because til now, I haven't had to interact with these cables again and you think that I'm some beginner whose new to mixing, which I am not.

I bought this setup over 2 years ago and it's been my daily driver.. I haven't felt ready to enter the public until now.. Purchased everything I needed 2 years ago, set it up and never had to deal with them again til now..

I can see why you're acting like an asshole because til now, I haven't had to interact with these cables again and you think that I'm some beginner whose new to mixing, which I am not.
    Sigh, fine... here we go. I made an assumption based on your post, then checked your PREVIOUS posts, confirmed my assumption, and THEN commented.

Your previous posts indicate that you have difficulty doing even basic mixing using the gear you have at the moment, and yet you think spending a shitload of cash on the highest priced gear on the market is going to help?

You have more money than sense. Literally. You're clearly lazy enough not to even bother reading the specifications of the gear you're purchasing, or even do the most basic of research with regards to what's required for your setup. You don't have even the most BASIC knowledge regarding how these items interact, and yet for some reason you've got £7000 for a pair of 2KNs and a 900N?

This is one of those classic cases of those, "if I have good gear, suddenly I'll be a good DJ" assumptions... either that, or you're just trolling. It's 7am and to be honest, I'm far too tired to actually work out which one it is.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Sigh, fine... here we go. I made an assumption based on your post, then checked your PREVIOUS posts, confirmed my assumption, and THEN commented.

Your previous posts indicate that you have difficulty doing even basic mixing using the gear you have at the moment, and yet you think spending a shitload of cash on the highest priced gear on the market is going to help?

You have more money than sense. Literally. You're clearly lazy enough not to even bother reading the specifications of the gear you're purchasing, or even do the most basic of research with regards to what's required for your setup. You don't have even the most BASIC knowledge regarding how these items interact, and yet for some reason you've got £7000 for a pair of 2KNs and a 900N?

This is one of those classic cases of those, "if I have good gear, suddenly I'll be a good DJ" assumptions... either that, or you're just trolling. It's 7am and to be honest, I'm far too tired to actually work out which one it is.
    Not trolling. After a settlement I was left with a fair share of cash. I've been DJing for years now and work in Philly's top night club. The way I look at it is, If I can afford to lay out $5200 on a premier DJ setup and train and practice on the industry standard, when I know that it will always have at least a $4000 resale value (check Ebay), that means I'm basically leasing a "Ferrari" for $1200. I know that I'm lucky to have disposable income, but for my favorite hobby and passion for music, what is $1200 to me? The night club I work for pays their DJs $150/night so it's a quick payback investment. If I can afford to lay out the cash now, why wouldn't I go for it?

I just posted a mix the other day..
    www.soundcloud.com/djPDA

Not trolling. After a settlement I was left with a fair share of cash. I've been DJing for years now and work in Philly's top night club. The way I look at it is, If I can afford to lay out $5200 on a premier DJ setup and train and practice on the industry standard, when I know that it will always have at least a $4000 resale value (check Ebay), that means I'm basically leasing a "Ferrari" for $1200. I know that I'm lucky to have disposable income, but for my favorite hobby and passion for music, what is $1200 to me? The night club I work for pays their DJs $150/night so it's a quick payback investment. If I can afford to lay out the cash now, why wouldn't I go for it?

I just posted a mix the other day..
    www.soundcloud.com/djPDA
    Well that's all fair enough I suppose; and I can't tell you what to buy and what not to buy, that's obviously a personal choice :P But what I will say is, you'd be better served doing some research and learning the technical side of things as well. In answer to your original question, you'll need a pair of stereo RCA to RCA cables, and possibly a couple of CAT5 Ethernet cables for the Pioneer Link feature thingy.

EDIT: Good mix btw

Tech Guru

I'm looking to buy 2x CDJ-2000Nexus + DJM-900Nexus.. Do I need any other special cables to sync them together or run them to the mixer? I already have those standard black cables that I have hooked up from my Traktor Kontrol S2 to my Yamaha monitor's (male to male connector, not sure the name of them)..

Do I need to make sure I pick up anything else to make sure this setup is fully functional or does it come with everything to link the 2 together and to the mixer? Thanks for your help!
    To get the most out of the gear you'll need:
    - An Ethernet switch
    - 4 Ethernet cables
    - 2 SPDIF 75 ohm phono cables
    - 2 RCA stereo cables
    - 2 standard USB cables
    - A computer
    - SD cards, USB sticks
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    To get the most out of the gear you'll need:
    - An Ethernet switch
    - 4 Ethernet cables
    - 2 SPDIF 75 ohm phono cables
    - 2 RCA stereo cables
    - 2 standard USB cables
    - A computer
    - SD cards, USB sticks
    Not trying to be picky here, but he probably doesn't need any ethernet cables. The decks come with an ethernet cable, not sure about the mixer (couldn't find anywhere that states it).

The cdj's come with RCA cables, and you only need either the RCA's or the SPDIF, so unless he wants to use SPDIF the RCA cables are already in the box.

According to the specs on the Pioneer website, it doesn't come with USB cables (which suprises me, as my denon SC2900's came with USB cables), but unless he's planning on using it with computer software he diesn't need them anyway.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast