New to turntables
    Tech Convert

Default New to turntables

Hello all,

I have been frequenting this site for a while now but haven't really posted much of anything.

I really want to start using turntables but I am still pretty clueless. I have a couple of questions I was hoping I could get answered. First, in peoples opinions what are some good starter TT's? Obviously I don't want to throw down a bunch of $ on 1200's when I don't know what Im doing. I wouldn't want to spend more than $200-300 for a pair of used tables and maybe a simple 2 channel battle mixer.

Second, I already own an S4 am i correct in assuming that because the internal sound card is the same as an audio 6 (8?), I can use TT with the s4 as long as i upgrade to scratch pro?

Thanks in advance!

Cdj/vinyl forum is where you should have posted this, and there's LOTs of threads there with the exact same question as you...

But I will be helpful, yes, your S4 has a soundcard capable of plugging in 2 turntables for timecode.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

another tip would be stay with a direct-drive tt and not a belt driven one.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Guru

I understand your concern about money, one thing you might want to consider that you might not have thought of is that if you buy a pair of techs for $600, in a week, month, or even a year, you can sell them in a week or 2 for $600. Theres not too much other equipment out there that you can do that.

Tech Mentor

Yes, your S4 can act as your mixer for the TTs in TSP2

u just need to buy the traktor scratch upgrade kit from NI and activate it.

Connect your TTs rcas to Channel C & D and switch it over to phono.

I'll say technics or super OEM
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Tech Convert

I was trying to find the correct place to post this but thank you to those who answered!

Tech Convert

I have heard good things about cheaper direct drive Stanton turntables. Either that or maybe a Numark TTX set. If you get lucky like me you can maybe find a cheap pair of Tech 12s.

Here's a video review I did of some of the high end turntables:

remember though that the S4 is only a soundcard and midi controller. You still have to mix internally otherwise you have no control over EQ.

Someone has already suggested looking at the super OEM's although they still carry an inflated price tag. Others you could look at are the Numark TT500's or even the Voxoa turntables.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox