A Silent Studio - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Silent Studio

Mix and record in the evenings on headphones, pump the monitors on the weekends or at any given opportunity! I know how you feel as I live in a flat surrounded by people.. Who complain in the form of stamping on the floor (If above) or smashing on the ceiling with a broom (When below)

I don't think the subPak is really gonna make a massive difference or open up a new world for you and your creative process. It's a nice 'toy' to have which I'm sure gives a really good listening experience.. But probably a bit of a gimmick in my opinion.

Like the previous posts recommend, take regular breaks when using headphones and use your monitors when you can.

One thing to note is that a lot of big producers still use headphones producing and get great results.

I think the SubPak is designed to represent that punch in the torso, diaphragm rattling low end you get when stood in front on a Funktion One rig!

Or just build or buy one of these
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Or just build or buy one of these
    What the jesus is that beautiful thing?!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    What the jesus is that beautiful thing?!
    Not sure if kidding :P

Many companies do these prefab soundproof "boxes", this is one example: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/11/sound-proof-roo/

Some are made entirely with triple layer glass panes, my friend has one of them in his studio for drum recording, they are tailor-made, so you give them the dimensions, they ship you the panes with the frames, and you mount it with a couple friends They're pretty awesome, when playing drums, the sound levels outside are as low as, say, a very lightly played acoustic guitar
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Not sure if kidding :P

Many companies do these prefab soundproof "boxes", this is one example: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/11/sound-proof-roo/

Some are made entirely with triple layer glass panes, my friend has one of them in his studio for drum recording, they are tailor-made, so you give them the dimensions, they ship you the panes with the frames, and you mount it with a couple friends They're pretty awesome, when playing drums, the sound levels outside are as low as, say, a very lightly played acoustic guitar
    Not kidding. That is fucking amazing. DIY HERE I COME!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Not kidding. That is fucking amazing. DIY HERE I COME!
    I even remember one guy doing a diy project with active NC embedded inside the glass panes... Don't know if he succeded or not tho..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12