Headphone Mix and cueing - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I use the headphones and 50/50 cue/master mix for beatmatching etc. Then when i'm ready to bring it in i tend to listen to the PA speakers or monitor if one is available.

I have mates who use one headphone on 100% cue and the other ear listening to the monitor speaker. I could never do this! Trainwreck EVERY time!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

always number 2, 100% in the phones and one ear listening to the club, its just the way i learned.

Tech Mentor

Always number 2 too. I think I'm gonna have to try something different though when playing outside the bedroom. Not always happy with the monitors u get
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

With vinyl it was always one ear on and one off, but with Traktor there is a slight delay difference between what is coming out the speakers and the headphones, due to the nature of the thing, so option 1 ends up being used, but varying the degree.

Tech Mentor

Most people end up learning one or the other and rely on it to beatmatch.

I have found it difficult to switch from listening to all in ear to beat matching with 1 cup.

However I personally believe that mixing completely in your headphones is the way to go because that is the only way you have 100% control over all situations.

What I do is take one ear off occassionally during the mix in to hear how it sounds over the PA.

Strangely though when I am playing out I find mixing with 1 ear to be easier due to the large amount of vibration and noise from the club sound system.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

#2 100% of the time for the mix.

#1 Only when i'm getting the tracks set up harmonically.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the responses guys! Alot more ppl using 50/50 for beatmatching then I thought there would be. Assumed that most ppl r on 1 ear mons and 1 ear cue.

I guess whatever works for you personally eh?

Cheers!
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123