Going full on traktor need advice on interface

Default Going full on traktor need advice on interface

Ok, so Im deciding on going full on traktor for djing.
    I consider myself more a producer than a dj but I currentyl with the energy to start really investing time in djing.

Im looking at buying an audio 6 or an audio 8. Im planning on mixing techno/progrressive.

My question is, can I use the audio 6 to mix 3 external decks or i rather go with the audio 8 and going full on the 4 decks.

im ruling out the audio 10 out of the question because it is really expensive here in argentina and i can buy an audio 8 for half the price.

Tech Guru

Yes, basically Audio 6 for 3 decks and Audio 8 for 4 decks.

Tech Convert

I'd get an audio 8 since they are older and you might be able to find them cheaper than the audio 6.

Audio 6
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ AT2020 MIC

"This aggression will not stand, man."

i'd rather go with the 8 and be covered for a long time, than get the 6 and one day crave a fourth deck... and eventually buy the 8
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    i'd rather go with the 8 and be covered for a long time, than get the 6 and one day crave a fourth deck... and eventually buy the 8
    That is the right attitude, its always to have too much than too little - you don't want to get a few months down the line and have to lose money on the 6 by reselling it and then paying out to get the 8.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

If you don't need timecode then there's a few other options, some of which even give you a controller as well as a soundcard. Zomo MC-1000 and Reloop Contour are both pretty good 4-deck interfaces with transport and FX controls built in. There's also a whole host of interface-only offerings from other companies; the ESI Gigaport springs immediately to mind.

But if you're planning on using Timecode, then the Audio 8 is the minimum you'll need for 4 decks, unless you're mixing internally.

Tech Wizard

As a producer I have a 6x Odyssey Rack which holds my PreSonus FireStudio Project. I use it for all of those wonderful outputs to run into my mixer. I then run the mixer's outputs back into the FireStudio and use Traktor S4's onboard to run into my Mixer into the Project as well.

thanks for the tips, i think im going for a used audio 8 where the difference with an audio 6 isn't significant!