Another interesting POV from a Legend - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    neither are you, yet you posted yours.
    How do you know he's paid for his music?

Your reply failed on so many levels it was barely worth the energy your brain used to trick your fingers it was a good idea.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread....

My favourite part of his quote is 'people are reacting to it'....how very dare the most important people, the people who control our careers and pay our wages, are enjoying a certain style of music. Hilarious fail Wolf chops.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    The difference was - back then, that cheesy crap stayed OUT of the clubs/raves. That was because the punters were intelligent fans. They KNEW what they liked. No-one was there because it was the current "big thing".

This is what happens when a minority scene becomes mainstream.
    And that has changed?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohjo View Post
    Dj Sneak just went after Seth Toxler, calling him a ketamine dj or something lol
    what he means is that "that Minimal Deep House [Seth Troxler] puts me to sleep on the dancefloor."

>

Tech Guru

No. He meant that Seth Troxler was partial to a bit of K. Which seth has since denied. Troxler is about a thousand times more relevent than the whiny dinosaur that sneak has become.

But hey, I really don't care what sneak says any more. He really isn't that great a Dj these days, especially when you compare him to guys like farina and Derrick carter who's coat tails he's currently riding.

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch
    The difference was - back then, that cheesy crap stayed OUT of the clubs/raves. That was because the punters were intelligent fans. They KNEW what they liked. No-one was there because it was the current "big thing".

This is what happens when a minority scene becomes mainstream.
    And that has changed?
    Yes. Very much so.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Hehehe he's been at it again, having a pop at Martin Solveg this time:

http://betherave.com/wolfgang-gartne...artin-solveig/
    Dude needs to take a serious look in the mirror.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Fultron View Post
    I've seen this quote on DJF. I cant think anything but hypocrite. His sound is exactly what hes bashing.
    Exactly, he's one of the idiots that pushed full on cheese electro. The popularity of this crap is partially his fault. You can't complain about cheese electro when that's exactly what you make and play. The guy's a douche.

he makes sense. if you're getting paid $30,000 to play for thousands of fans. you should push the envelope or try a mash up or an edit. if your just up there playing the BP top 10 then you're no different than DJ Joey at last weeks Memorial Day Pool Party.

from the comments page [40 LIKES] FTW:

Chris Winebarger · Top Commenter · Seattle, Washington
    DJs, please stop trying to please the commercial-loving wankers. They will follow whatever is popular. As soon as EDM falls out of style, they'll abandon it for whatever else becomes popular. Enlighten us, move us, expose us. Take us someplace new.

If you, as a listener, think it's acceptable for a DJ to play back to back to back hits that every other DJ is playing, you're probably new. Hang back, allow yourself to be educated, and quit demanding the hits. Big ups to Wolfgang.
    Reply · 40 · · 15 hours ago
    Last edited by loverocket; 05-29-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast