Getting Pioneer from Asia ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Getting Pioneer from Asia ?

Anyone knows if it would be cheaper to buy e.g. DDJ-SX in some Asian countries? Anyone tried it?

Tech Convert

I doubt it. I know a lot of people that get music equipment from Japan, but that's usually because the equipment is different, not cheaper. If it is cheaper, be sure to check it for defects/fake if you can.

You'd probably have some problems with customs... and in the end pay more than if you bought it from a local retailer..
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

If you're in the country already then sure, have a look at the local prices. Shops over there don't tend to put up websites or ship overseas so you really need to collect in person to get the best deals.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vesppk View Post
    Anyone knows if it would be cheaper to buy e.g. DDJ-SX in some Asian countries? Anyone tried it?
    Depends. Where do you live? I cannot tell by your accent in a forum post

Tech Wizard

Even if you managed to pay less after shipping and customs, you will not have warranty coverage if something is DOA or becomes defective. Pioneer were one of the biggest hardasses about warranty claims when I was dealing with them, and this was for people with an indisputably valid dealer receipt. I can only imagine how quickly you'd get a "no" if you bought a product out of your dealer region.

Good to keep that in mind.

Tech Guru

Most big tech companies issue a global warranty these days. Pioneer may be initially reluctant as people often plug in imported devices designed for half the voltage, and then blow the power unit.

More info here: http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/faq/99999/5250/page.html
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Most big tech companies issue a global warranty these days. Pioneer may be initially reluctant as people often plug in imported devices designed for half the voltage, and then blow the power unit.

More info here: http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/faq/99999/5250/page.html
    Good to know. Thanks. Maybe the US office is just more stringent than others.

Tech Convert

My plan :
    my secret agent in Asia will buy it. Unpack, secure for transport and send. I want to omit taxes, customs. So there is possibility that the price will be like half of price in EU ? And will i get international warranty card? Cos otherwise it will be too much effort for nothing.
    Im just trying to get my ddj-sx sooner then 2 months ( i need that much time to save up more $$$). The best price i found it on internet is 980$. If ill get it from Asia for 600$ it would be awesome

Tech Guru

RRP for the DDJ SX on the Pioneer HK website is HK$11,000 or 1,417.48 USD

On the Philippines site it is 61,590.00 PHP or 1,500.66 USD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast