Traktor DJ for IPHONE... COMING SOON... DISCUSS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I downloaded in an hour ago.

Gonna play with it tonight....but its a bit fiddly with that dropbox etc...

Meh...
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

need a new iOS device now I only have first gen iPad and iPhone 4 maybe a reason to spend some money well lots of gigs this month so maybe let it go into a new iPad.
    There are some real fun stuff you could do with these apps.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Banned

I was puzzled at the ipad app that will never be used by anyone that matters except as a gimmick...

This is the stupidest project NI could possibly pick to put energy into.

Touchscreen is the future brother, they'd be daft to ignore it.
    SC | MC

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by octostout View Post
    I was puzzled at the ipad app that will never be used by anyone that matters except as a gimmick...

This is the stupidest project NI could possibly pick to put energy into.
    Depends on who you think "matters". I have used the iPad version at gigs for months and I matter, well, to me at least. Certainly to my crowds. I did a 4 hour gig with the iPad and loved it. Just rocked up with my iPad and Audio 6.

If you mean big super-club DJ's, who cares if they use it?

There are millions of bedroom DJ's who will enjoy it. Many of the people posting in the TDJ forum at NI do not have ANY other dj products at all let alone Traktor Pro.

Banned

I'm never on the side of the people saying technology takes the skill out of DJing....

But when there's no option BUT sync, your software is automatically finding tracks for you to play, the EQ is hidden away on another page, and all of the controls are set up to be delicate movements, how are you being expressive? Literally anyone could spend an hour learning this thing and be just as expressive as Carl Cox would be with this.

Touch is the future of DJing to bedroom DJs maybe, and maybe top-teir performers who got famous from their production, so it doesn't matter how they DJ. Touch is a joke to actual performance DJs. Maybe some day touch will be how we select tracks, or maybe XY pads will get big... But for everything else, touch is nothing but a gimmicky bad idea, and will be for at least the next several years.

This is not the new version of the "laptop DJs aren't real DJs" crap. We're not talking about mediums here, we're talking about physical interaction with your gear. You're never going to be impressive on an ipad or an ipod, ever.
    Last edited by octostout; 05-02-2013 at 12:18 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You don't need to sync at all.
    You can ignore the recommended playlist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You don't need to sync at all.
    You can ignore the recommended playlist.
    Cool. Awesome rebuttal.

Tech Wizard

I'm never on the side of the people saying technology takes the skill out of DJing....

But when there's no option BUT sync, your software is automatically finding tracks for you to play, the EQ is hidden away on another page, and all of the controls are set up to be delicate movements, how are you being expressive? Literally anyone could spend an hour learning this thing and be just as expressive as Carl Cox would be with this.

Touch is the future of DJing to bedroom DJs maybe, and maybe top-teir performers who got famous from their production, so it doesn't matter how they DJ. Touch is a joke to actual performance DJs. Maybe some day touch will be how we select tracks, or maybe XY pads will get big... But for everything else, touch is nothing but a gimmicky bad idea, and will be for at least the next several years.

This is not the new version of the "laptop DJs aren't real DJs" crap. We're not talking about mediums here, we're talking about physical interaction with your gear. You're never going to be impressive on an ipad or an ipod, ever.

Post of the month.

Touch is the future of DJing to bedroom DJs maybe, and maybe top-teir performers who got famous from their production, so it doesn't matter how they DJ. Touch is a joke to actual performance DJs.

I agree - my point was touchscreen is the future of computing not DJ'ing.
    SC | MC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast