Tiesto's Hakkasan residency, is this the end of Ibiza?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Tiesto's Hakkasan residency, is this the end of Ibiza?

I know this has been discussed thoroughly in other threads, but only now i see that tiesto, harris, deadmau5 and aoki have signed up for actual residencies at the club...
    Whaddya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

No, it's better for Ibiza.

Tech Mentor

People in Ibiza actually prefer good music. Vegas is always gonna be Vegas... cheese and EDM. It's not even in the top 10 in the US from a clubbing perspective.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Lol. Ibiza will always be rockin mate. as much love as I have for my city, it will never compare to Ibiza.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Lol. Ibiza will always be rockin mate. as much love as I have for my city, it will never compare to Ibiza.
    I might have already asked you this, but is there an underground scene in Vegas? Playing deep house, tech house, techno, that sort of stuff? Been twice now so if I go again I'd like to delve a bit deeper.
    Everything in the big clubs is obviously EDM stuff, but Locodice having a residency and Prydz apparently putting on a 'darker, less glamorous' night might be interesting and might help turn Vegas around music wise.

There is a decent underground scene here. Most of the underground scene is DNB, DubStep, and Trap with a touch of hardcore n hardstyle here and there.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I don't understand how this question was ever asked (no offence). How would a club chain opening in Las Vegas and other cities affect the the whole tourist industry of an island that is famous the WHOLE WORLD OVER.

I mean aren't these new clubs meant to be super-expensive? Who the fuck is flying to Las Vegas from Europe just to see a DJ or even go on holiday? It costs a fortune. Granted some will but not your average clubber who can get to Ibiza pretty cheaply in comparison.

Is the question regarding American tourists not going to Ibiza and staying in America..?
    Americans are going to Ibiza in much larger number these days but most of Ibiza's visitors are from Europe.

According to an Ibizan resident writing on Trip Advisor:
    approximately 4 visitors in every 1000 to ibiza in summer are from the whole continent of america (north and south) according to official tourist stats.
    ... so my guess is, no Hacky Sack or whatever it's called won't make a jot of difference to anything at all... ever.

I have yet to hear anyone mention this club in the UK. As far as I am concerned it's a US thing that Americans talk about even though there is one in the UK (I only know this cus I googled it).

Maybe I misunderstood the question...???

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

... so my guess is, no Hacky Sack or whatever it's called won't make a jot of difference to anything at all... ever.

I have yet to hear anyone mention this club in the UK. As far as I am concerned it's a US thing that Americans talk about even though there is one in the UK (I only know this cus I googled it).

Hahaha no one is talking about it here either. I had never heard of this place until that other thread on here. Apparently there is a hackensack restauraunt in miami too.

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    I might have already asked you this, but is there an underground scene in Vegas? Playing deep house, tech house, techno, that sort of stuff? Been twice now so if I go again I'd like to delve a bit deeper.
    Everything in the big clubs is obviously EDM stuff, but Locodice having a residency and Prydz apparently putting on a 'darker, less glamorous' night might be interesting and might help turn Vegas around music wise.
    there's a few good lounges/bars downtown that generally have a deep and tech house scene.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

It's America! Aoki's dad is probably funding the club(s).

SFX, the company that bought Beatport, is the new branch of Clear Channel, a.k.a. Live Nation, is the same company that has FM radio and large capacity venues secured in what is pretty much a monopoly. It's the same company that owns the billboards you drive past everyday. You are all caught in a Trap! Literally at this point as the name of the current Pop genre is so fitting.

In the states Miami, Vegas, and L.A. can never stand up to Chicago or NYC. The articles I've been seeing lately about NYC clubs getting back to the raw element of MUSIC w/ very little catering to "VIP" makes me grin.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast