Loops?

Thread: Loops?

Default Loops?

So I'm just wondering, how often do you utilize looping in your sets? I know there are a wide variety of ways to mix.

Myself I use 1200's and Serato. I also have dicers, which I use about 50% of the time. I tend to only use loops when mixing Drum and Bass, and sometimes hardstyle. I mainly spin breaks and /never/ use loops when I spin breaks.

How about you guys? How do you utilize looping?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I use it whenever I can to help with transitions mixing hip hop. I'll grab an instrumental loop and use that to blend one track into another.

Being a Traktor guy, I'll use drum loops and stuff in the remix decks to keep a beat going between breakdowns or aid with some transitions, too.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

I use loops all the time. Hell, I could play an entire set with 4 songs and a shitload of looping.

Minimal house "DJs" just use one track looped for 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Minimal house "DJs" just use one track looped for 4 hours.
    Oh. that's it ! I was wondering how they kept the same song going that long.

>

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    I use loops all the time. Hell, I could play an entire set with 4 songs and a shitload of looping.
    Your mixes aren't that loop heavy unless you mean looping the outros and intros which isn't really that creative.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Your mixes aren't that loop heavy unless you mean looping the outros and intros which isn't really that creative.
    They're more loop-heavy when I play live, it depends on the mood of the room as well.

never.

Tech Wizard

I never use too till a couple weeks ago and now I don't think I can go back to mixing without loops lmao