Switching to serato from Traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

I don't really have anything better to offer than a previous poster. create playlists in traktor, ordering by import date. export as m3u, and import in serato.

i just wanted to add that it would be cool if you document your progress in this thread. i think these inter-operability questions are very interesting--actually, i have a similar switch ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by a burdenless pig View Post
    i'd rather use the cdjs supplied there.
    Are the CDJ's 900-2000 then bring a small usb hub or if you are not using any other usb devices and have enough usb ports on your computer. You can just connect them to you computer and use them as sound card and HID controllers for Traktor. I do that when ever time when they have CDJ's at clubs.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Playlists and crates are one reason why I like to do all my sorting in itunes itself. I'm not sure about the Traktor integration, but with Serato I know from experience it works flawlessly.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

http://www.djdeals.com/blog/magma-sw...r-scratch-pro/

for that reason i bought the switchbox. looks like i may have got the last one at djdeals, it was $150 shipped and worth every penny.
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Tech Student

So I saw that some of you guys said Traktor is less stable. I'm planning on buying either Traktor or Serato.. I was wondering what you meant by "less stable." has Traktor ever given you problems during a gig. I use my audio torq and I absolutely hate it. I never dj at a gig with it cause there are so many glitches and issues with it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12