What music are you willing to play?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What music are you willing to play?

So what type of music are you willing to play?

For example, house music is what I love, but it isn't the most popular here, so I'm not open to DJing top 40, pop, hip-hop, r&b, rap. A friend of mine actually asked me to DJ for his cousin's party, but they aren't house music fans, so I'm not that interested.

Do you guys play music that you aren't a fan of or just stick to what you know?

I don't play what I don't like but I don't DJ for a living. It's just a side gig/hobby to my "day job"
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I don't play what I don't like but I don't DJ for a living. It's just a side gig/hobby to my "day job"
    same with me.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Mentor

For my mates and at parties i'll play anything. If it was a paid gig then I would only accept if I am comfortable with and enjoy the genres they require.

If it's a paid gig like a party or event, I'll play whatever they want me to. If its a party I'm throwing or that I'm doing free for friends, I play what I want, but I'll throw folks a bone occasionally in a set.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

Tech Mentor

Too many loose Pandas at the moment

music i like. that means no top 40 bullshit and trance/hardtechno basically, otherwise i'm pretty open, but i play dubstep and dnb mostly

if ur getting paid, then u play what ur getting paid for. im mainly a trap/hip hop/dubstep DJ, but I have a residency at a club on a Saturday that is all abot top 40s and house. I try and make it a personal challenge to make interesting sets with songs im not really into. helps me kind of enjoy it i guess.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Tech Mentor

Only play what I want, which means I say no to gigs where I can't play deep/tech house and techno
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Tech Mentor

i prefer playing deephouse and techhouse, but i can and do play techno, minimal, nu-disco and indie sets. i dont do other genres like top40, trance, prog etc. because i don't like it and i am not up to date with the music.
    nothing worse than for example a dubstep dj playing a deephouse set with tracks he just got that day because he normally doesn't spin it and had to do it.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast