One program to regain them all
    Tech Wizard

Default One program to regain them all

Hi people,
    I was wondering if there is a program to set the gain level to different audio format (mp3 and FLAC in my case).

I tried mp3gain but... Well, the name speak for itself.

I searched google but it seems there is only this Platinum Note which cost more than Traktor itself!

Many thanks

Tech Wizard

Default RE: One program to regain them all

Hi Sprike,

I have two solutions:

1) Download Mediamonkey and let it import your library (just point it to the folder where you store your music). Then select the tracks you want your gains to be level and right click. From the menu select Analyze Volume. Per default Mediamonkey will level your tracks to 89 dB, but you can change this to your liking. Tools >> Options >> Player >> Volume Leveling >> Target volume for leveling tracks. Don't forget to tick Clipping Prevention.
    (To be honest I'm not 100% sure if Mediamonkey actually changes the file, but I think it does)

2) Download Goldwave. File >> Batch Processing >> Process Tab >> Add Effect >> Open the Goldwave Tree >> Choose Maximize Volume or Match Volume (Check Goldwave help to determine which you want to use). In the Source Tab add the files or folder of the tracks you want to level. It may be a good idea to copy a few files to a test folder and batch process these to see if Goldwave does what you want before you unleash Goldwave on your full library.

Hope this helps, KIO

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ KIO View Post
    Hi Sprike,

I have two solutions:

1) Download Mediamonkey and let it import your library (just point it to the folder where you store your music). Then select the tracks you want your gains to be level and right click. From the menu select Analyze Volume. Per default Mediamonkey will level your tracks to 89 dB, but you can change this to your liking. Tools >> Options >> Player >> Volume Leveling >> Target volume for leveling tracks. Don't forget to tick Clipping Prevention.
    (To be honest I'm not 100% sure if Mediamonkey actually changes the file, but I think it does)

2) Download Goldwave. File >> Batch Processing >> Process Tab >> Add Effect >> Open the Goldwave Tree >> Choose Maximize Volume or Match Volume (Check Goldwave help to determine which you want to use). In the Source Tab add the files or folder of the tracks you want to level. It may be a good idea to copy a few files to a test folder and batch process these to see if Goldwave does what you want before you unleash Goldwave on your full library.

Hope this helps, KIO
    It helps a lot

I'm going to try, thank you.

Have you had any experience with one of those programs?

Tech Wizard

Any experience? I've been a big fan of Mediamonkey for more than five years. It's the perfect application to keep my 6500 track library organised, play music in any format plus it's the only program that automatically understands that when it is shuffling through my tracks, it should play DJ mix albums as a full album and not individual tracks.
    Goldwave I have been using even longer than MM for ripping vinyl. It's fully functional in the free version and has tons of functionality for editing music. In fact, I have more experience with these two programs than with any DJ software.
    I highly recommend both.

KIO

I use Platinum Notes myself - I bought it years ago to do my vinyl rips to the same volume - it's pretty good, also corrects the key but I don't use that part myself so can't comment.

Excellent advice KIO - that's the kind of help you used to get here
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ KIO View Post
    Any experience? I've been a big fan of Mediamonkey for more than five years. It's the perfect application to keep my 6500 track library organised, play music in any format plus it's the only program that automatically understands that when it is shuffling through my tracks, it should play DJ mix albums as a full album and not individual tracks.
    Goldwave I have been using even longer than MM for ripping vinyl. It's fully functional in the free version and has tons of functionality for editing music. In fact, I have more experience with these two programs than with any DJ software.
    I highly recommend both.

KIO
    Many many thanks