Looking for some advice

Default Looking for some advice

It being a while since I write anything but I'm always in here doing some reading and learning from every one that ask or answer any question. Well I had being hooked to NI, it is all I have and all I use so far since I desire to invest money in DJ equipment. Here is my list about what I have: I own the Kontrol S4, Two F1 and Mikro Maschine. I use a Sony Vaio with Traktor scratch Pro 2. I do have Ableton software 9 also but have not get into learning much about how to use it. I'm looking for advise here, I have to send my Kontrol S4 to be fix So I would like to take this opportunity to either test out or branch out to other software and DJ equipment. I consider the idea of getting a Mixer so I can move out from the all in one controller. I also thought about getting a different software and all in one controller such as the Numar NS7fx or the DDJ SX just to mention a bit of what I was thinking. So let me know what you think so I can use it to make a decision. By the way when I say a mixer I mean a 4 deck mixer that inter act with traktor or other software that is consider stable and well known. Thank you.

Why buy a new controller if you are sending yours in to get fixed? Seems like a lot of money to spend on something while waiting.
    Take this "downtime" as an opportunity to dig for new tracks, beatgrid your old tracks, slim down your existing tracklist, delve into Ableton, or get to know your Maschine Micro better.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

These posts amaze me. They seem a little non descript. You have a controller, you kind of want to try something else, maybe another all in one, maybe a mixer, maybe different software. It's like asking for the meaning of life! Who the fuck knows.

That said I'm a sucker for helping people. I think the first thing You should try is mixing externally. Go out and buy a mixer and 2 X1's. stick with Traktor for now because you dont want to change too much too soon. Get a 4 channel mixer and use x1's to control 2 decks and the f1's for the remix decks. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

If you are looking to get Serato DJ then there is only DDJ SX. It's the only controller that has the full version of Serato DJ. the SDJ version for NS7 is not mapped so you can use 4 decks the VCI400 does not have the slicers and all other Serato DJ suported controllers are lacking some of the futures. Yes you can midi mapp most of it's controlls to other midi controllers but Serato DJ does not have midi out so no LED feedback. Even the DDJ SX don't give you full controll of the software most of the sampler needs to be controlled with the mouse or mapped to a midicontroller without any visual feedback. Although the DDJ SX works perfect for me with Traktor Pro and I use this setup almost every weekend except in one club that has a set of CDJ 2000.
    so before going for Serato DJ thats something to think about.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Well each one of you make a very good point and I can see why "Kooper1980" feel as my question is like finding the meaning to life, I had to laugh at that comment. I did sound like I was pretty lost. I think I will stay dealing with traktor and focus on Maschine a bit more since I have not and if I can get into a Mixer that work with traktor directly ( without having to by a Audio card ) I would consider buying it just because I do not know the length of time I will be without my S4. The Mixer will help improve in using CDJ if I come to need to use one. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    If you are looking to get Serato DJ then there is only DDJ SX. It's the only controller that has the full version of Serato DJ. the SDJ version for NS7 is not mapped so you can use 4 decks the VCI400 does not have the slicers and all other Serato DJ suported controllers are lacking some of the futures. Yes you can midi mapp most of it's controlls to other midi controllers but Serato DJ does not have midi out so no LED feedback. Even the DDJ SX don't give you full controll of the software most of the sampler needs to be controlled with the mouse or mapped to a midicontroller without any visual feedback. Although the DDJ SX works perfect for me with Traktor Pro and I use this setup almost every weekend except in one club that has a set of CDJ 2000.
    so before going for Serato DJ thats something to think about.
    Doesn't the ns6 have led feedback and pretty much everything else in working order on 1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

I don't think you'd like serato if coming from traktor, especially with that extensive setup you have (s4+ 2*f1).
    I'd rather get a pair of, say, cdj400 or 900 and connect them in HID, so that you can still use your f1's in traktor.
    The ddj-sx would give you a pretty solid, although scaled down feel of playing with cdj's, so transitioning would be easy (if you're going the controller route). But remember, the ddj-sx, if mapped with traktor, won't have nearly the same response and snappiness of the s4.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.