Pioneer xdj-r1?? - Page 24
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannz View Post
    hey mate - what's the build quality like compared to the S4? does it make s4 seem toyish?
    the build quality is definitely nice, one of the better I have plated with in the controller world, it's close if not the same as the DDJ-SX build quality

I'd love to know what the VDJ skin/version is like?
    I had tried to download VDJ to test but it keeps saying it's $150 after i enter the s/n which obviously i am not paying, lol... if i get the download for free like it claims it should be, I will post a pic

Tech Mentor

I'm currently Traktor, but I SERIOUSLY like the idea of external mixer mode and seamlessly switching between decks controlling software, then USBs, and CDs! I'm fairly sure it's possible, but would be nice to have a positive 'field report'.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    Right???????????? its the only bum note on an otherwise fantastic seeming bit of kit, and the stupid thing is there is PLENTY of empty real estate above and below the faders, they could have easily made them longer. But Pioneer are learning faaaaaaaaast.
    Pioneer DJ is run by morons. A $900 integrated system/controller with short 10bit faders? My Versadeck has better faders than that thing... and I find them barely enough. It will be difficult to hold .05% pitch res even at 16% range. Probably very touchy. You'll have to run the range lower if you want it stable. It looks right up there with the junk from Reloop. The only reason Pioneer is the standard is because they're a rich company that gives a lot of gear away to artists and clubs. Simple as that. For $900, you can buy a good laptop, an interface, and four channels worth of 14bit controllers... and you'll have the ability to convolve the sound system within the laptop's VST routing. Going digital has its advantages.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 07-07-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Tech Guru

What makes you think the faders are 10bit? 16% is far too much pitch bend for a track.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    OK, can someone please confirm this point definitively.....

Is the R1 10,000 song limit regarding the maximum number of tracks on the USB device to be plugged into the R1? Or is it saying that if you have an R1, you must tell Rekordbox this in advance and it will only analyse, or allow you to have 10,000 max tracks in your rekordbox library on your home computer system. I really would love to know as many are getting really worked up on this topic!
    That's a limit of Fat32. And there's nothing preventing multiple USB devices to divide your track collection up. For that to work, of course, you must either have multiple USB connectors per system (one per transport or at least 2 shared ports on integrated units) or the track must completely load into buffer memory on the unit before you pull it out. The laptop connection track upload system that Denon and Pioneer use now also allows you to get past that issue.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 07-07-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    That's a limit of Fat32. .
    Wait, fader resolution is determined by... disk filesystem? dfuq
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    What makes you think the faders are 10bit? 16% is far too much pitch bend for a track.
    No it isn't. And even 100mm 10bit faders can do stable 0.05 at 16% range. 14bit 100mm is where you start getting into around 0.02 deep pitch in the around 10% range to allow nice blends.

Of course, none of this matters for the 'tarded sync crowd that the unit is obviously aimed at.

Tech Guru

Where are you getting all this information about the bit depth of the faders?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    That's a limit of Fat32. And there's nothing preventing multiple USB devices to divide your track collection up. For that to work, of course, you must either have multiple USB connectors per system (one per transport or at least 2 shared ports on integrated units) or the track must completely load into buffer memory on the unit before you pull it out. The laptop connection track upload system that Denon and Pioneer use now also allows you to get past that issue.
    wow, thats a whole bunch of wrong info, lol

1. it's not a limit of FAT32 being that the 2000's read a drive of 30,000 files with no issues, it's a limit of the R! and Areo specs being able to handle that big of a file size

2. on the R1 you cannot wait for a track to buffer and pull the usb to plug in another, if you pull the usb, the track stops therefore you would need to put your collection on multiple usb's and use a cd to play while you swap usb sticks

3. there is no laptop connection upload system from the laptop to the R1 so that's out of the question too unfortunately

OK, can someone please confirm this point definitively.....

Is the R1 10,000 song limit regarding the maximum number of tracks on the USB device to be plugged into the R1? Or is it saying that if you have an R1, you must tell Rekordbox this in advance and it will only analyse, or allow you to have 10,000 max tracks in your rekordbox library on your home computer system. I really would love to know as many are getting really worked up on this topic!
    so to answer this properly with the correct tested info from a unit I had

when you use RB for the R1 you MUST go into RB settings and change the export device to the R1 or the R1 will not read the drive as a RB drive, In doing this the export is now limited to 10,000. I exported about 11,000 tracks to a drive but when you hit "Eject" it creates a R1 library and at that point it tells you the library cannot be created because you have more then 10,000 tracks on the rive
    Last edited by brichi; 07-07-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    wow, thats a whole bunch of wrong info, lol
    this..
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.