Pioneer xdj-r1?? - Page 28
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I have been on the Pioneer forum non-stop with my unit. There is a lot of bugs that need to be resolved.
    The biggest issues for me are the freezes, AIFF files not working, Loop function very off, and Quantize function causing shifts in speed and not working as well as it should. There is a whole list of things at the moment. The Faders to me feel fine.
    The unit however has some pros to it:
    Light and smaller in size compared to DDJ SX
    I personally like the platters and found them tight and responsive but I still love the DDJ SX platters more for their size
    The ios app is awesome
    effects sound good to me
    It's a compact unit and I like the idea behind - just wish it was working.

My reason for buying is to have something I don't need a computer leashed to and to work on sets in Rekordbox for when I use CDJ 2000 at a gig. Plus it's mobile and nice to have CD drives. Now I am regretting it slightly - Maybe the Aero was a better buy?

I do fully stand behind my DDJ SX and Serato DJ software. I am having so much fun with that unit I can't even tell you.

Tech Mentor

Wow. They REALLY rushed this one out it would seem! Can't recall ANY Pioneer hardware being THIS buggy on release!

Tech Guru

Were the loop and quantize problems still occuring with tracks manually gridded in Rekordbox beforehand?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    Wow. They REALLY rushed this one out it would seem! Can't recall ANY Pioneer hardware being THIS buggy on release!
    then you didn't own a CDJ2000 Nexus, lol

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Still, it will probably cost around 1k...
    I'd honestly rather go for this, at that price, because i don't care about rekordbox support.. http://geminisound.com/product/cdmp-...ia-workstation
    But come on its a pioneer! lol
    Emachines E528 4GB of Ram Traktor Pro 2 | MF Classic | Numark Stereo IO | Numark Mixtrack |

Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

so is there anyone that owns this that isn't having problems with it? Was really curious about picking one up but it sound like it's still a mess from the Pioneer boards.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    then you didn't own a CDJ2000 Nexus, lol
    I didn't, no.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Were the loop and quantize problems still occuring with tracks manually gridded in Rekordbox beforehand?
    the youtube video of a full run down of the problems clearly states that all tunes were analyzed in Rekordbox.

Tech Wizard

Donstone- AVOID
    I would wait until they have the bugs fixed. Pioneer reps have told me the issues are being worked out in a firmware update.
    But this whole time i have a paper weight- received on July 7. It is so annoying and the fact they released a product that does not work as advertised is mind boggling. I have lost consumer confidence and will not be buying anymore products from them. If they can fix these issues in a firmware update then by all means- go out and buy it. My biggest fear is that the issues will take many firmware update fixes and I don't really have time or patience for that. If you want one so bad you can have mine since the store I bought it from does not accept money back returns.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JoBushwick View Post
    Donstone- AVOID
    I would wait until they have the bugs fixed. Pioneer reps have told me the issues are being worked out in a firmware update.
    But this whole time i have a paper weight- received on July 7. It is so annoying and the fact they released a product that does not work as advertised is mind boggling. I have lost consumer confidence and will not be buying anymore products from them. If they can fix these issues in a firmware update then by all means- go out and buy it. My biggest fear is that the issues will take many firmware update fixes and I don't really have time or patience for that. If you want one so bad you can have mine since the store I bought it from does not accept money back returns.
    +1, and DEFINITELY wait. Unrelated but similar, new laptop last year, supposed MacKiller, absolutely stunning to look at but hundreds of people plagued by problems for over a year while manufacturer denies anything serious is wrong! Don't buy and wait for the fix, wait till its fixed then buy!