Pioneer xdj-r1?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    Yes one CD player. I think this is going to be aimed at Wedding/mobile DJ witch sometime get handed a CD they have to play at their gig. But then again the R1 has line in so having maybe a CDJ350 or similar cheeper player could solw that problem for those who needed it.
    Yes but even a 350 weighs in at half the price of the whole r1, so what's the point in that? And if i were a wedding dj, i'd hate to have an "all in one " controller that needs another piece of hardware to suit my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Scratching, looping, and reverse can work just fine by reading from a CD. Why wouldn't it? There's no way they're going to cache whole uncompressed tracks at 1411kbps.

LINK through CD does not work simply because you can't read from two positions at once on a disc.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Scratching, looping, and reverse can work just fine by reading from a CD. Why wouldn't it? There's no way they're going to cache whole uncompressed tracks at 1411kbps.

LINK through CD does not work simply because you can't read from two positions at once on a disc.
    Just add a 1-2gb buffer to the unit, maybe loading the first track won't be instantaneous, but after that things should go pretty smoothly.
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

What if you want to play Track 3 for example? That would interrupt any buffering, and the track you choose can't even be buffered because that would just create more delays every time you load a track.

There are plenty of reasons why this hasn't been implemented - even on the Nexus players.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

What if you want to play Track 3 for example? That would interrupt any buffering, and the track you choose can't even be buffered because that would just create more delays every time you load a track.

There are plenty of reasons why this hasn't been implemented - even on the Nexus players.
    Loading a track is not that slow. Reading a whole cd at 52x usually takes less than a minute, divide that by an average of 10 tracks, and you have 6 seconds a song. Do you really need first-second loading times?

Can you actually create a mix where you switch to a new track 6 seconds after the previous started?

Also, that's why i said the first track is the only "problem" here, because after those 6 seconds the player would be available and could switch to track3 or 4 or 5 no problem.

Tech Guru

Waiting a second isn't so bad, but waiting 6+ seconds per track is just awful. Why bother with that when you can read straight from the CD instantly.

Waiting a second isn't so bad, but waiting 6+ seconds per track is just awful. Why bother with that when you can read straight from the CD instantly.
    The xdj-aero takes about 5 seconds to load a track from a mobile device.

Quote Originally Posted by skjutar View Post
    Great, thanks

Tech Wizard

Played with cdjs on a party last week (first time ever) and I finally get it. this would be a nice secondary setup to prepare on if you dont want, or cant lug all your gear around to your next gig.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast