DJ Schools

Thread: DJ Schools

Tech Student

Default DJ Schools

Just checking out the general opinion on DJ schools and how legit they are amongst you fine folks?

Essentially, I tried getting into DJing last year, went the whole way to buying an S4 and a pair of KRK's. I had just gotten a high-stress, alot of my time, job and basically the whole thing sat there accruing dust. So I went right ahead and sold it recently enough. I have since left that job and I am returning to the same company for a more money less stress job, given the time constraints would it be in any way recommendable to do one of the courses? I'd probably be looking to do a music production course after too. The one I had in mind was Point Blank.

Thoughts? Feelings? Advice?

2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post

If you ask nicely, I will tell you how i found those links.
    ^^Made me smile on this boring Monday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

i have a full time job i work 8-5 and i still DJ on the weekdays till 2am sometimes, when I have to wake up at 6am to go to work the next day.

your dedication should be strong enough to overcome "work". if it wasnt then, idk if it will be now. Make sure you really want to invest in a DJ course, and you're not just doing this on the whim.

Plus... if you want a DJ course... i heard YouTube University is the best free course out there. try it.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Check out Dubspot and practice intelligently and constantly.

Tech Student

Thanks for the replies, I get that it looks like I don't care but when you're doing 10-12 hour days 6 days a week then you just spend the rest of the time sleeping, hence why I messed up the first time. I'm also aware that this has been brought up before, I was more wondering about people that have done it and did it stand to them. Also I'm I was on about the physical schools rather then online ones, as I tend to take people face to face more seriously.

Okay. I got some readings to do. Which do you think is the best?