Do You have to Warp your tracks in traktor??

Default Do You have to Warp your tracks in traktor??

Hi everyone,

im new round here and new to the traktor s2 controller ive got to grips with mixing on it and my mixes are relatively tight even without gridding them?

so is it important to warp your tracks exact?

i am new so if there a simple way to do it please send me a link or explain?

basically ive turned digital and have my first live set the 22nd june so really want to nail it as smooth as possible.

many thanks in advance

james

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Warping refers to Ableton, not Traktor. You can get away without gridding tracks in Traktor and beatmatch them manually. Mind you, beatsynced stuff such as snap/quant and fx will suffer from this.

I only grid electronic music, the rest I can live without gridding.

Tech Mentor

i grid all my tracks when i import them into traktor for the first time. really a matter of seconds. and worth it.
    if you are in the middle of a mix and one track is off time it can screw up everything, at least for me since i have at least 3 decks running most of the time.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Hi i play deep/tech house so it is essential that my tunes are spot on!

ive watched a video that is quite informative on beat gridding but when i load a track in to a deck it want let me snap to the first downbeat it keeps saying cue underneath so i cant get the first line of the beat grid to match up with the cue point?

any ides is this a preference setting issue?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Only of tempo gets totally messed after analyze or if grid is way off beat.

Quote Originally Posted by james alibi View Post
    Hi i play deep/tech house so it is essential that my tunes are spot on!

ive watched a video that is quite informative on beat gridding but when i load a track in to a deck it want let me snap to the first downbeat it keeps saying cue underneath so i cant get the first line of the beat grid to match up with the cue point?

any ides is this a preference setting issue?
    you are playing the most repetative, perfectly on time music. you dont need to warp them or anything. If your talking about your track starting marker then you should take a step back and question if you are ready for a live gig with mixing and such.

Traktor analyzes your tracks and grids them when you load a track into one of the decks. If the grid isn't correct (Which does happen occasionally) you can manually move the grid so it's in the right position. I wouldn't waste your time going through your whole track collection making sure every grid is spot on as Traktor does a pretty good job of doing this, like I said, if a grid is off, you can move the grid manually into position, takes about 10 seconds.