Which should I get first? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

You can us launchkey with maschine's software. If you're getting all of those eventually, I would start with maschine. You can use maschine's hardware with ableton too.
    1200 MK2 (x2), DR202 (x4), DIF 1S, Q49, M49, DGX-500, Launchpad, MPD18, Maschine, nanokontrol, M2, Telecaster, Mixtrack, airFX, Zoom Sampletrak, MC303 (x3)

Tech Guru

Get the Push...

It'll cover the Maschine and Launchkey.

Tech Wizard

Alright I think people misunderstood
    I'm getting Ableton Live 9 before all of these things
    but what should I get after that between the Novation Launchkeys 49 and the Maschine Mk2
    The one I dont choose to get right away I will get about a month later

Push is on backorder for 12-16 weeks so....no

Tech Wizard

While you're at it, buy a hoverboard or something else you can't get right now.
    1200 MK2 (x2), DR202 (x4), DIF 1S, Q49, M49, DGX-500, Launchpad, MPD18, Maschine, nanokontrol, M2, Telecaster, Mixtrack, airFX, Zoom Sampletrak, MC303 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Drade View Post
    Alright I think people misunderstood
    I'm getting Ableton Live 9 before all of these things
    but what should I get after that between the Novation Launchkeys 49 and the Maschine Mk2
    The one I dont choose to get right away I will get about a month later

Push is on backorder for 12-16 weeks so....no
    Alright I think you misunderstood

The push

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Alright I think you misunderstood

The push
    I'm not looking to wait 12-16 weeks...

I'm not looking to wait 12-16 weeks...
    it's gonna take you 3 months to learn Ableton anyway.

>

Why would you buy a DAW, that for the most part takes years to master and then immediately purchase a sampler/sequencer combo that while not nearly as deep as the DAW would still take some time to master. Are you good at learning things 2 different things at the same time? Anything that Maschine can do, Ableton can do. If you already have Ableton, I would just spend the next few months learning it with just a mouse and keyboard and that way you'll have a better idea of what kind of controller you need. But that's probably not the answer you're looking for eh?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ApplianceTyrant View Post
    Why would you buy a DAW, that for the most part takes years to master and then immediately purchase a sampler/sequencer combo that while not nearly as deep as the DAW would still take some time to master. Are you good at learning things 2 different things at the same time? Anything that Maschine can do, Ableton can do. If you already have Ableton, I would just spend the next few months learning it with just a mouse and keyboard and that way you'll have a better idea of what kind of controller you need. But that's probably not the answer you're looking for eh?
    So what you're suggesting pretty much is wait and get the Push..?
    How about getting a midi keyboard in the meantime

So what you're suggesting pretty much is wait and get the Push..?
    How about getting a midi keyboard in the meantime
    That's not really what I said.

Do you have any chops with a piano/keyboard? Do you play guitar or have some general musical knowledge?

If you answered no to those questions (which is perfectly fine) I would just familiarize yourself with Ableton first, before you purchase any kind of controller. If you've never used Ableton before, you wont have an idea of what kind of controller you will want. You may think you know what you want, but you wont know till you're atleast somewhat familiar with it. If you really want some keys to play some chords/melodies/drums whatever, just get something basic in the meantime like an Akai LPK25 or something

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast