Which should I get first? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ApplianceTyrant View Post
    That's not really what I said.

Do you have any chops with a piano/keyboard? Do you play guitar or have some general musical knowledge?

If you answered no to those questions (which is perfectly fine) I would just familiarize yourself with Ableton first, before you purchase any kind of controller. If you've never used Ableton before, you wont have an idea of what kind of controller you will want. You may think you know what you want, but you wont know till you're atleast somewhat familiar with it. If you really want some keys to play some chords/melodies/drums whatever, just get something basic in the meantime like an Akai LPK25 or something
    Alright I understand, I'll look into getting the LPK25 (because I am interested in using ekys to play a little) before I jump to buying any controllers. I appreciate the advice and input you're giving me, sorry for asking a lot of questions I'm really just trying to learn/understand.

Tech Guru

LPK25 is awful. It's way too small.

You can really do a TON with Ableton without a keyboard.

If you don't have a musical background, it'll take you at least 3 months to build that up before you start producing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123