Recommend a mixer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Recommend a mixer

Hello everyone, I'm planning to buy some cdj's (prob 850's) and I need advice on the mixer

I've looked at pioneers so far, but am not impressed by the 350... There are not many effects or filter knobs

The djm400 looks nice, but is it worth it? It has nice effects but is old technology

The others I'm looking at are the djm700, but it is also old and I really don't need four channels. This leaves me with the djm-t1... Can it be used by itself without traktor, because I'm trying to get away from a laptop?

Any other cool mixers I should check out? The top of the line 4channel mixers are out of my price range and are way more than i need.

Important features for me are filters and delay sound. I like the t3 delay in traktor

Thanks!

Tech Guru

DJM-T1 can be used without a laptop, but I don't see why you would want the DJM-T1 if you aren't going to use Traktor. It's made for it.

Check out Denon. Pretty much every mixer has filter. I coulda swore the DJM350 had delay though..

Tech Wizard

Thanks, I will check out denon. I've never used a 350, I was just looking at the 4 effects buttons so I am probably wrong lol

I would rather have a dedicated filter knob instead of a filter effect for simplicity

Tech Guru

Wow, you're right.

I had no clue it was so stripped down.

I definitely understand wanting the dedicated filter knob. Just too important of a knob. What's your price limit? That'll really help.

Tech Wizard

I'm trying to stay at $500 or less

I would go with Denon as well

Tech Mentor

I have heard good things about the Denons and the Allen and Heath DB2.

Also a great 'bang for buck' mixer is the Behringer DDM 4000. A few of my mates swear by them, although they all say if they suddenly got a wad of cash they would go pioneer or A:H.

Djm 800

Tech Guru

For 500 and less definitely get a Denon. You aren't going to be able to get a 4 channel Pioneer for that.

DDM4000 is a great mixer as well. I really want to get one, but I rarely use effects so I'm leaning towards an analog mixer, absolutely LOVED my Xone 42. Maybe consider the Behringer NOX404 or 606.

Xone 42 hands down
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast