My Outlandish ,speculations on what Traktor Hardware Native Instruments will put out. - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    Agreed. Frankly, I don't see WHY it would require that being tied to hardware at all. I don't mind if they want to sell a new controller that has that functionality built in, hell i'd probably buy the ting, but I don't really see a need to actually lock it down.

I have an RMX1000 and love it. I also set about doing my own Inspired-by-Stewe Isolator FX mappings and I actually think that the Traktor solution could actually be better than the RMX1000 if done well. My own basic isolator FX mapping, though not as sophisticated as Setwe's, actually works very nicely and creates very nice subtle to not-so-subtle sounds.

My only issue is that I have yet to come up with good "Release FX" that work by just pressing a button.
    I actually it have a few fx mapped to my dicer that give you instant gratification comparable to the Rmx 1000. I was inspired by their release fx and I managed to map a great turntable stop that kills the music and resets any effect you were using before. I plan to release the mapping once I've ironed out some kinks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    Agreed. Frankly, I don't see WHY it would require that being tied to hardware at all. I don't mind if they want to sell a new controller that has that functionality built in, hell i'd probably buy the ting, but I don't really see a need to actually lock it down.
    Off course, I can't know for sure if they will put a lock in there or not but I said that because I wouldn't find myself surprised if they come up with a controller integrated to an isolator FX.

I have an RMX1000 and love it. I also set about doing my own Inspired-by-Stewe Isolator FX mappings and I actually think that the Traktor solution could actually be better than the RMX1000 if done well. My own basic isolator FX mapping, though not as sophisticated as Setwe's, actually works very nicely and creates very nice subtle to not-so-subtle sounds.
    Cool! I'd love to see some short demo vid of your mapping if you don't mind doing that for me.

My only issue is that I have yet to come up with good "Release FX" that work by just pressing a button.
    I made a mode in my CNTRL:R ultimate tool which has build/brake/release effect feature mapped in there. TTFX, Laser Slicer and Transpose are effects I've been using as kill-release function. I'm in the route on doing such mapping for the MIDIfighter Spectra BTW.

i might know what ni will come up with next. but i also might not.itīll be something similar to the dj mouse from djtech
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    Man fuck new controllers just give me some library management that doesn't make me wish I was using serato.

And before anyone goes flaming me thinking I'm a serato fan boy trolling, I use both and maintain a library for both, and there some annoying faults in traktors library management
    ^^^^100% agree with this. I already have more cheap controllers than I need; even if NI opened up remix decks I'd still have enough buttons and knobs left over to fight the next fucking war on terrorism. I love Traktor but between the library and the controller manager it feels like I'm editing spreadsheets rather than playing music. I realize Controller Manager is a taller order to fix but some basic controls could make things a lot easier. But the library is inexcusable for software as mature as Traktor -- Serato has shown us that this can actually be done right.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    i might know what ni will come up with next. but i also might not. itīll be something similar to the dj mouse from djtech
    yikes. hope not!

Ed Paris gains +3 troll skill

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post

Ed Paris gains +3 troll skill
    troll skills? i donīt get it!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

What? You guys thought the future of DJing involved some sort of fancy touchscreen? That mouse is all you need to get your wiki wiki on.

Tech Guru

I still want one of those. The most ridiculous looking thing I have ever seen, and that's pretty much why I want it!
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314